My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, somewhere in this thread there is a picture of it. It was shot and the teeth were worn almost 1/2 way.

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that you do want a little free play on the dizzy shaft so to prevent the dizzy shaft from bottoming out on the oil pump shaft. That will lead to premature wear, knife edging of the gear, and could lead to some timing issues. Not saying this is causing the problem you’re seeing, but easy to check and correct with nylon shims. See this article: https://www.chevyhardcore.com/tech-...t-distributor-gear-its-all-about-the-details/.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this diagnostic report have any useful info?.
I see a lot of incomplete tests.
was warm and engine not running key on

Attachments

• diag.pdf
    254.1 KB · Views: 4

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It shows your EVAP system hasn't been able to be tested. Is it fully operational? It will sometimes take a long time for this to be tested by the ECU and it determine if the system is leaking or if it is even functioning.

Everything is plugged up correctly, right? Any leaks at all that you suspect?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks
After research I found it can take several drive cycles to test.
No leaks I can find anyplace.
During that did you read somewhere about if the fuel tank needs to be filled at least once and/or how low it needs to be driven until it should be refilled?

I know there are other makes that want to see that before they start initiating a self test