My 383 proFlo intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
View media item 31645Finishing off the top end rebuild on my 383.

Hated the vortec intake, couldnt get any air into the the thing and needed more top end so I decided on a do over this winter. 200cc ported aluminum heads, manley 2.02/1.60 valves, comp springs on 7/16 studs, forged 1.6 rollers. went with a 230/236 duration .576 lift and comp elite lifters w/crower rods. Re-wired for conventional injectors and the rest of the top end. Edlebrock ProFlo XT allows for Accel 35lb injectors and 90mm TB. Up dated the 2400 stall with a 3k stall and have a pyle of 9" rear w/3.73:1 aburn dif. parts in the corner of the garage.

Headed out to the tuner in a couple weeks. Spring time everyone needs a tune... May have the shop quote a 4 bar set up for the back but running low on funds, you know...

T56 sitting near by as well. That will probable be next year (along with the 4 bar) or until I trash the 4l60.

drenolov

Reaction score
Did you get your pro Flo from summit how's it working for you I'm installing one now

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually picked it up on ebay on the cheap. Just got my tune last Fri. Sooo much more responsive than the POS intake I had. Plus it looks so much better. Was not a simple bolt on but really was worth it.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Hated the vortec intake, couldnt get any air into the the thing and needed more top end so I decided on a do over this winter. 200cc ported aluminum heads, manley 2.02/1.60 valves, comp springs on 7/16 studs, forged 1.6 rollers. went with a 230/236 duration .576 lift and comp elite lifters w/crower rods. Re-wired for conventional injectors and the rest of the top end. Edlebrock ProFlo XT allows for Accel 35lb injectors and 90mm TB. Up dated the 2400 stall with a 3k stall and have a pyle of 9" rear w/3.73:1 aburn dif. parts in the corner of the garage.

Headed out to the tuner in a couple weeks. Spring time everyone needs a tune... May have the shop quote a 4 bar set up for the back but running low on funds, you know...

T56 sitting near by as well. That will probable be next year (along with the 4 bar) or until I trash the 4l60.

The link isn't working for me, any pics you can attach to this thread? Also, awesome swap, I bet that is nice.

drenolov

Reaction score
I got my intake from az was you get throttle bracket or mass air flow bracket and bolts?
I actually picked it up on ebay on the cheap. Just got my tune last Fri. Sooo much more responsive than the POS intake I had. Plus it looks so much better. Was not a simple bolt on but really was worth it.
L

drenolov

Reaction score
What brand of heads are you using

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want better rear suspension for a street/strip truck and want another option other than 4 link, look into CalTracks, they are pretty sweet and reasonably priced.