My 2000 GMC C3500 Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Northeast trucks are iron oxide at best.

I am in the same boat, picked up a 93 C3500 that was used as a plow/sand spreader.. it was cheap enough and i drove it home after replacing front brake lines... but it is crunchy. Has all new shackles and mounts now and I am putting a low mileage Southern rear end/springs on it soon. I am also transferring shock mounts.

It is mainly my fall leaf vehicle and for dump runs and junk collecting.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Northeast trucks are iron oxide at best.

I am in the same boat, picked up a 93 C3500 that was used as a plow/sand spreader.. it was cheap enough and i drove it home after replacing front brake lines... but it is crunchy. Has all new shackles and mounts now and I am putting a low mileage Southern rear end/springs on it soon. I am also transferring shock mounts.

It is mainly my fall leaf vehicle and for dump runs and junk collecting.

Wow! Ive seen some crusty trucks. Thank the automotive gods that the front & rear hangers are bolted on, unlike the 800's. That thing would be boneyard bound if it was any newer.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, the hangers were riveted... new ones came with bolts.... frame is thin in a few spots but still holding, bed is thin too.. like I said just a cheap truck to bomb around town in and slowly patch up. Its not a daily driver.

Amazing thing is no fluid leaks!

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, the hangers were riveted... new ones came with bolts.... frame is thin in a few spots but still holding, bed is thin too.. like I said just a cheap truck to bomb around town in and slowly patch up. Its not a daily driver.

Amazing thing is no fluid leaks!
Rivets, bolts... same difference. I'm just saying its better than the welded, inseparable hanger assy's used in later years.

Last edited:

northeastnick

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply y’all, got busy again. I’m pretty fortunate with this rig. tpass, love your rig! I’m in the same situation with my rear end, probably gonna find a junkyard axle and leaf set, and then after I’m done bodywork undercoat this thing religiously. Frame is real thin at the back but almost factory forwards of the rear axle. Fiberglass body and company maintenance chasing down lines all over the state all winter killed it, plan is to replace from just rear of the hanger back. It’s only my first rig but I won’t be thrashing on it so I wanna have something that’ll last me a decade or two or until it isn’t really feasible to buy parts. Wrapped her up for winter last weekend, doors are assembled entirely and I’m in the process of selling off my old ones. Got my laugh for the weekend out of my rusted through speaker grates. Anyone know of a good place to buy new ones? Image is below.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been a GMC fan since I bought my first 400, an '88 GMC 1500 stepside.
I realize its merely cosmetic, but I dont care.
Prior to the GMC Acadia, GMC's slogan was: "Do one thing, do it well"
Means to me, Chevy makes good cars, but GMC makes trucks!
Even though my Ole Yeller (see my previous post pics) is a 2500 Chevy chassis cab W/T, I'd rather have a GMC.
In the episode of "Truck Tech" where L.T. lowered the red Chevy 1500 4x4... he put on a late model (94-98) GMC grill. We all know it's still a Chevy, he calls it a Chevy.
So, here's my point. I can have my cake, and eat it too!
In Mexico, the 94-98 Chevy GMT400 was called a Cheyenne.
Ole Yeller is actually a Cheyenne.
Mexican Cheyennes use a GMC grille, with a Bowtie cover, over the GMC boss in the grill.

I already made a purchase. Gonna paint and convert the ugly W/T nose in favor of an unusual looking, import grill assy.

Last edited: