My 1st Burban!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few other things, brakes, rotors (much more of a pain on the 3/4ton), and a 4wd actuator.

It’s developing a few weird noises I’m trying to diagnose before pulling a 31’ camper to Lake McConaughy next month. One is in the front end drivetrain somewhere. It’s a tinking noise that shows up when slowing down at around 15 and gets slower with the speed. I’m thinking half-shaft, U joint, or something to do with the new actuator put in a few months ago, although it just started showing up.

The other I’m thinking isn’t as worrisome before the trip but would be nice to at least diagnose. It’s best described as a loud welping or whining especially noticeable at idle that I’m pretty sure is vacuum related. Although I thought I’ve actually heard it when turning the key on, then shutting it back off without cranking after remembering something I forgot in the house. That’s making me think of possibly the diaphragm in the fuel pressure regulator. I’ll see if I can get videos soon.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the visor! I have one that that I put on a project truck briefly before i parted it out. At night how bad is the reflection from the cab lights on the window when sitting inside? That's one thing that I noticed when i put mine on.