My 1999 K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm old school, love cab visors, cowl hood, tinted windows, window vent thingy's, remove molding. Its a good looking truck!!! Could leave it as is. Just no 30x40" rims with tiny tires with the sidewall stretched to the max.....

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it as is, seriously. Make it reliable, bullet proof mechanically. Good brakes! Update to NBS front brakes, best MOD ever. And then Drive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'm old school, love cab visors, cowl hood, tinted windows, window vent thingy's, remove molding. Its a good looking truck!!! Could leave it as is. Just no 30x40" rims with tiny tires with the sidewall stretched to the max.....
Same here, can't stand the new super large trendy rims with rubber band tires.

----------------------------------------------

To OP, I think a Lund MoonVisor, smoked vent shades, new body molding, low profile bug shield, and maybe k2xx tow mirrors would make your truck look badass. Though, I also like these trucks stock as well. It's ultimately your choice with what you do to your truck. :) Though, I'd highly recommend replacing the body molding if anything.

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here, can't stand the new super large trendy rims with rubber band tires.

----------------------------------------------

To OP, I think a Lund MoonVisor, smoked vent shades, new body molding, low profile bug shield, and maybe k2xx tow mirrors would make your truck look badass. Though, I also like these trucks stock as well. It's ultimately your choice with what you do to your truck. :) Though, I'd highly recommend replacing the body molding if anything.

I zoomed in and those moldings are pretty nice and hard to get redone right. I know the chrome is bad. I have a stripe guy that can “wrap” that chrome in new overlay or just mask it up good, prep and paint black. That would look good too. Really not a bad alternative, cause the OEM moldings are so much better than the generic, aftermarket replacements they are just not the same. I would replace all lights with OEM style to. Just to clean up the yellow. Wheels look like Dick Cepeks or Welds and those are fantastic period wheels. Honestly, just some clean up, low key, original style mods. I like Lund Visors, but at 6’4”, I could never really use them, so that was a pass for me....And you have to drill the roof and a pillar, that does not age well and hard to go back to stock.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I would replace all lights with OEM style to. Just to clean up the yellow.
I agree, new a headlight set/tail lights would definitely make it look a ton better. The yellowed lights just make things look not so good.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the powertrain on this truck? Performance wise, tune and exhaust at the minimum; as far as cosmetics, new lights all around, a lighted visor, K2XX mirrors, and maybe some chrome H2 Rims and 35" BFGs?