my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

Heres a pic of my 1994 silverado. I purchased this truck new in 94 with a 350, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears with a positraction center. I wanted a fully loaded truck i could stir my own gears with. As such she also has power windows, locks, cruise control, tilt wheel, and gage cluster with tachometer.

Always the faithful companion, she has seen me through a cross country move to a new job, a marriage, a divorce, a move to a new house, a second marriage. She has never failed to start, and has always done whatever was tasked for her to do. She has lots and lots of memories for me, and is a member of my family. I could never part with her.

She had been through a bad hailstorm, and parked with lots of miles, 4 bald tires, a leaking radiator, broken cruise control, and inoperative A/C. A newborn son and lots of other stuff i needed to spend cash on including an addition to my home meant she had to sit parked by the side of my house.

I have finally started repairing her. Working on sections or systems one at a time. This weekend i swapped out the dried out dash speakers for new pioneer units, installed a new kenwood CD mp3 memory stick player, as the old kenwood with 10 disc changer i put in 21 years ago finally died, changed out a faulty ignition lock cylinder, installed a new cruise control stick, some new brake and clutch pedal pads to replace the high mileage threadbare ones.

The paint is original, and shows good on the sides, the hood and roof that got thrashed from a hailstorm however not so much. I bought a steel goodmark cowl hood for it, and plan on priming, and edging it and putting it on soon, as well as sanding the roof down, using glue tabs to pop out most of the roof dents and repairing that too.

Also gonna hammer out the dents inside the bed smooth enough and get it rhino lined but thats awhile down the road.

Anyhow heres a few pix. One alongside my house, and one in the street after i cleaned her up a bit. After i cleaned up the engine compartment, and one with my little buddy keeping watch over "her truck" as i remove the old cd changer that was under the front seat. She has 13 years of memories of this truck too. My dog Sadie Girl has gone everywhere in this truck. When we go places she doesnt want to get out of the truck now. Just happy to curl up on the passenger side.

Friends meet Betsy !! She will likely be in my life till i die. I have a love of Mopar muscle cars, and a 67 barracuda i am rotisserie restoring, but as a faithful companion she has always been there, always willing to work and play. IMHO she is the best truck i could ever have. Thank you for looking at my thread, and reading our story.

Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I special ordered her this way. Kind on an oddball optioned truck. Silverado longbed, fully loaded with a 5 speed stick shift. There was no price difference between long and short beds back in 1994 so i went with the 8 footer for a slightly less choppy ride, and to be able to haul plywood, drywall and stuff like that with the tailgate closed.

I kept the trim on for about a year or 2, then stripped off the silverado trim, and put on the smoothie bumper and 454 SS mirrors. A 2" - 2" lowering kit, polyurethane front end kit, polyurethane rear spring kit, and a rear sway bar.

Thinking back i should have dumped all the stick on trim when i brought her home. Getting all the glue off the body even one year into ownership sucked pretty bad.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, i either been slacking, or life really, really got in the way. I bought a new steel cowl induction hood for my truck like over 10 years ago , and its been standing against a wall in my shop with a long term project car blocking it in, complete with boxes covering it up. Just got out there last night with a buddy of mine to pull it out so i can start prepping it to prime it, and edge it. I need to get this on my truck, and toss the stocker thats loaded with hail dents and the dreaded texas 2 tone paint (good on the sides sunburnt off on the top)

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Damn, i either been slacking, or life really, really got in the way. I bought a new steel cowl induction hood for my truck like over 10 years ago , and its been standing against a wall in my shop with a long term project car blocking it in, complete with boxes covering it up. Just got out there last night with a buddy of mine to pull it out so i can start prepping it to prime it, and edge it. I need to get this on my truck, and toss the stocker thats loaded with hail dents and the dreaded texas 2 tone paint (good on the sides sunburnt off on the top)

Yeah hurry up with that. You waited so long they have become harder to find lol. Should look good though, and I wish my truck was a longbed just for the extra space.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, at the time i got my new hood insurance company payed out for a minor hail storm. I bought a new GM roof skin, and the cowl hood. Almost 12 years ago. Since i didnt have a place to park it out of the elements i stored the sheetmetal. Then along came hail storm part deux. There were softball sized stones. This beat my house to hell, and took out the roof, destroyed my 1 year old daily driver a 2008 HHR. Ruined the roof on my shop, and beat my 94 to ****. Pretty much just the roof and hood though. My 2007 mustang GT and my 67 barracuda were safe and sound inside while this happened. I could only watch helplessly as my other 2 vehicles and my property got pounded to death.

I replaced my homes roof with a metal roof, better than a shingle one for hailstorms, less of a chance of a water breach and resultant damaged sheetrock, and just finished a 25x25 metal roofed carport. Now my truck will be under cover from hailstorms, so now its time to do the repairs it needs. So yeah its part that life got in the way, and the thoughts that i'm not fixing this until i have a safe place away from the hailstorms we get out here in West Texas.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hitting up the junky today. Gonna get a jeep xj steering shaft, passenger side bucket seat risers, and hope to find an under hood storage box.

Maybe i will get lucky and luck onto a good set of silverado buckets in grey, or a set of bonneville seats. Either way i will keep looking as i keep it running down the road as a 60/40 split bench.

Last edited: