my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left my ex when my son was 2. Big part was she drank and was taking drugs. 2 things I abhor. For the next year I lived in horror cause I knew my son wasn’t safe, many, many times I would call to say good night to my son, she would have him out late driving drunk. I called Police, filed reports with DSS. They kept telling me I was just an angry Dad trying to get revenge. Many calls, many reports. Got a call one night on a Friday at 11:30 pm. Was her friend who said they were in a car accident, mother was arrested and my son would be staying with her that night. Never met this person ever, never even spoken to her. I said no, I’m coming to get my son, she protested but ef that, I’m coming to get my 3 year old. I called Police to help get directions to her house(no gps then), they had no idea and couldn’t help me. Eventually I got there, woman said he ate too much and had gas. Found him crying, couldn’t walk was in so much pain. Picked him up and drove straight to Emergency Room. They took him right in for a CAT Scan. Doctor came out and said if I hadn’t brought him in, he would’ve been dead by morning as he was bleeding out internally. He had a lacerated liver, lacerated kidney and had a hole in his intestines. This was in NH and they had to put him up in an ambulance and rush him to Boston Childrens Hospital.
Mother was drunk and tested positive for ****** and Percocet and in jail.
Next week was rough, had to have a meeting with Police, Staff Psychologist and oh, DSS were there. They were all sitting when I walked in. I looked straight at DSS EXPERT and asked why they were there as I held them and Police responsible and that they had my son’s blood on their hands. I had warned them repeatedly that this was going to happen. They couldn’t look me in the eye. Police said mother had refused my son medical attention at the accident scene 5 times. Says so in Police report I still have. I said, if she was drunk and you arrested her, then YOU had custody of my son. And you should’ve sent him to the hospital! They never called me the night of the accident, they called her drunk friend to come pick up my 3 year old at the accident scene.

I called at least 5 different lawyers, they all listened and said they’d get back to me. They ALL said in the end “we don’t litigate against the Police”.

I’ve had custody of my son since. I feel lucky actually.
BTW- mom just last week got her 4th DUI
You are very lucky the drunk friend contacted you that night the wreck happened, otherwise your little boy would not be here today. Sounds like you were married to someone in need of a drug and alcohol rehab center, and some mental health counseling. People with mental health issues sometimes "self medicate" with drugs or alcohol because it seems easier than trying to get actual help. What they do is make their problems worse. My wife is a detox nurse at a rehab facility. She says alcohol withdrawal in detox is the worst. They have to be watched pretty closely.

Your ex needs serious help. Unfortunately people like that, they have to hit rock bottom before they will concider it. Some dont ever concider it, and end up dead. Theres people who go through this facility my wife works at, and end up back there over and over every few months. She calls those people "frequent flyers". Then theres others who actually are thankful to have their lives back, and she doesnt ever see them again, except one time when we were in the grocery store. A woman came up to her and hugged her and thanked her for being firm but kind to her as she went through withdrawal. Then theres the ones she sees in the obituaries. Latest in the facility was an 18 year old girl on fentanyl. She will be back again, or end up dead because her boyfriend wont quit it.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are very lucky the drunk friend contacted you that night the wreck happened
Don’t I know that.
Your ex needs serious help. Unfortunately people like that, they have to hit rock bottom before they will concider it.
Not my responsibility, I had enough on my plate. She lives in perpetual rock bottom and to this day blames the 3 year old for distracting her on a Friday night at 11:30 at night. One of many episodes since then. Busted again last week.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don’t I I know that.

Not my responsibility, I had enough on my plate. She lives in perpetual rock bottom and to this day blames the 3 year old for distracting her on a Friday night at 11:30 at night. One of many episodes since then. Busted again last week.
Oh I agree. She isnt your responsibility. She is an adult. She can make her own decisions. Obviously that's not working out very well for her. Just an observation I am making. I mean hey I have an ex wife too. If she was on fire, I wouldent pee on her to put it out, so I understand completely where your coming from.

I only have to add one thing. Never bad mouth your child's mother to or in front of him. As your kid grows up, he will figure it out. We never did that to my step daughters, and they figured it out. I was the one that was there for em. I am dad. Even the one getting in trouble regards me as dad most times. I love my kids, I am mad at the system for not doing what it's supposed to in order to make Grac accountable.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Latest on Grac and my complete utter dissatisfaction and disgust with the Abilene Police Department. She is doing her "nocturnal adventure" last night. mind you she is 16 and doesnt have a driver's licence, is on probation, so shes not even supposed to be out of the house past 7pm. Her friend is drunk, so she is driving their car. She makes a turn without a signal, gets stopped. Cop gives her a ticket and let's her go. Unbelievable. My town is the effing keystone kops. Five more days till shes 17, and I bet Abilene Police Department is still gonna push it under the rug. Apparently all you need to collect a paycheck there is a heartbeat and a badge.

Every time we would tell her probation officer that she gets violent when you tell her she cant do something, the probation office tells us to just let her go. We called the probation officer assigned to her so much about her violating her probation that we were told dont call us about that anymore shes a lost cause. We only care if she commits a crime. First off they made the rules she was to follow, told us to call them if she violated the rules, then they never bothered to enforce them. All this did was embolden this kid. I mean why not, they arent enforcing the rules anyways. So now she does whatever she wants.

Well now she is officially a druggie. The latest is "popping bennys". She will load up on 50 or so pills of benadryl. $hit is OTC and doesnt get flagged at checkout. Yesterday this kid came home trippin while wife and I were at work. I watched it on the cameras I had to install in the house, she was arguing with people that werent there. Wife told her no more if you want to do that $hit, and get drugged up, you will find another place to live. I wont have that in my house.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest on Grac and my complete utter dissatisfaction and disgust with the Abilene Police Department. She is doing her "nocturnal adventure" last night. mind you she is 16 and doesnt have a driver's licence, is on probation, so shes not even supposed to be out of the house past 7pm. Her friend is drunk, so she is driving their car. She makes a turn without a signal, gets stopped. Cop gives her a ticket and let's her go. Unbelievable. My town is the effing keystone kops. Five more days till shes 17, and I bet Abilene Police Department is still gonna push it under the rug. Apparently all you need to collect a paycheck there is a heartbeat and a badge.

Every time we would tell her probation officer that she gets violent when you tell her she cant do something, the probation office tells us to just let her go. We called the probation officer assigned to her so much about her violating her probation that we were told dont call us about that anymore shes a lost cause. We only care if she commits a crime. First off they made the rules she was to follow, told us to call them if she violated the rules, then they never bothered to enforce them. All this did was embolden this kid. I mean why not, they arent enforcing the rules anyways. So now she does whatever she wants.

Well now she is officially a druggie. The latest is "popping bennys". She will load up on 50 or so pills of benadryl. $hit is OTC and doesnt get flagged at checkout. Yesterday this kid came home trippin while wife and I were at work. I watched it on the cameras I had to install in the house, she was arguing with people that werent there. Wife told her no more if you want to do that $hit, and get drugged up, you will find another place to live. I wont have that in my house.
Mate, it sounds like she has reached the point where it will get real ugly, real quick. The best that I can suggest is that you look out for your wife and yourself. If you try to intervene in what she is up to it ends up coming back on you not her and she will be well aware of that fact. If possible, I would be changing the locks and having her tresspassed from the house. The last thing you need now is to be dragged into her mess if she does something illegal in, or from, your house etc. Unfortunately, if she is anything like my daughter she will think it is fun to take you down with her making by false complaints and having her mates back her up for credibility. That is something that is really hard to get past as how do you prove something didn't take place when several people all falsely swear it did. It was a good idea putting cameras in your house, you have think defensively from here on. Hang in there mate. you're not alone.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mate, it sounds like she has reached the point where it will get real ugly, real quick. The best that I can suggest is that you look out for your wife and yourself. If you try to intervene in what she is up to it ends up coming back on you not her and she will be well aware of that fact. If possible, I would be changing the locks and having her tresspassed from the house. The last thing you need now is to be dragged into her mess if she does something illegal in, or from, your house etc. Unfortunately, if she is anything like my daughter she will think it is fun to take you down with her making by false complaints and having her mates back her up for credibility. That is something that is really hard to get past as how do you prove something didn't take place when several people all falsely swear it did. It was a good idea putting cameras in your house, you have think defensively from here on. Hang in there mate. you're not alone.
My video camera account holds 120 hours of video. They come on when they sense movement, go on standby not recording when no movement. I cannot legally remove her from the house yet. She is not 18. Although at age 17 they can actually charge her as an adult for some things. She has this citation to appear in court for the moving violation. If she doesnt come up with money for that, she will sit it out in jail I suppose. Plus driving without a licence. Texas law states they can deny you getting one till age 21 for that. Somehow I doubt they are going to do anything. The fact that Abilene Police Department is not doing anything about any of this really chaps my balls.

Last edited: