my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the Jeep shaft install the other day. Was going to do it in 2016 earlier in my thread. Never got to it lol. It sat collecting dust for 2 years after i painted it LOL. Easy peasy. Drilled and tapped for 2 titanium aircraft NAS bolts that were in my scrounge box to pin the inner to the outer to relieve the small amount of slop between the 2. Its not tapped into the inner, the screw just presses against the inner. This way in event of an accident the shaft can collapse. I havent driven it yet, but cant wait. I did replace the oem shaft with a new oem GM one at 132K so its still actually tight, on the shelf it goes as a spare part.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well all the big dents i could get access to were floated out before i put the bed back on, the ones i couldent get to, i ground down to bare metal and applied JB weld to fill and level them. I will be making an appointment to get Armorthane spray in liner shot in. $450 to do a long bed in black. Its like a rhino lining, but a harder durometer urethane that doesnt chip or chunk like Rhino liner. I inquired about him spraying a thin coat of on the inside of a pair of Plymouth Barracuda battery trays for me, he said he would gladly spray em for me, in with the cost of the bed liner price.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well she went in for Armorthane spray in liner yesterday. Picking her up at 4pm today. I cant wait. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I will post pix when i pick her up.

Next on the list will be a new bed cover and some custom illumination for inside the bed.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i bought an AMD floorpan from Summit Racing for my kids barracuda on cyber monday. Decided to make an Abilene to Arlington run after work today to go and get it, and save the $100-$150 truck freight. Betsy ran great the whole trip. Gassed up, set the trip, went there and back. Gassed back up. Ran 350 miles round trip averaging between 70-75 mph. Took 15.8 gallons of fuel. That equates to 22 miles per gallon. Pretty fantastic for a 24 year old truck with 150K on the odometer. Night and day difference with that jeep steering shaft too. Steering is nice and precise, not 1 bit of slop. One if the best mods i have made so far.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the bed cover is gonna have to wait for a bit. I need a new master cylinder, also going to change out the 24 year old rubber flex lines with braded stainless lines. I figure those will outlast me lol.

Also working on a storage box setup for the engine compartment thats not the 95 up plastic setup.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well **** sure moves slow in my world. Wife, kids, work, parts side business, its like i never have time. I finally got that master cylinder and new stainless braded lines. Now i got to find time to install and bleed it. Also got a new 50 cal ammo box to make into a storage box. I mounted a diesel battery tray about 20 years ago to do this, and never got to it lol.

Ammo box was a deal. Had a 20% off coupon for "China Freight". Also had a free multimeter coupon. So for $12 and change i got my storage box, and a cheapie multimeter i can keep in my trucks new storage box along with other tools and spare parts like ignition modules a coil, fan belt, etc. Making a bolt in mounting plate out of .125" aluminum plate

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a pic of a buddys ammo box just set in there to model kinda what its gonna look like. I plan on ditching the handle on top, and repainting it all semi gloss black.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered my core shifter on sunday. Cant wait to drive it with this installed. Everybody raves about it. I also picked up some 88-89 quad lamps and wiring stub harnesses to restore and install. Had to deal with mesquite thicket to get to em. Have some new sealed beams on order from rock auto.

My original composite lamps are starting to peel and yellow. I wetsanded them to remove the yellow discoloring and clearcoated them with automotive clearcoat once before about 12 years ago. Plus changing bulbs on composite lamps you have to remove the grille to even get to em. Glass sealed beams are going to me much better for maintenance and replacement.

Heres pic of the mesquite thicket i had to clip back thin shoots from the branches with a pair of wire cutters to get at them.

I have no earthly idea why this site is flipping my pictures upside down either.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i have a lot of stalled out projects for my truck. Hoping this one doesnt end up being the latest stalled out project. Too many irons in the fire and not enough time causes all this. Well I took my 88-89 four eyes setup apart tonight to sandblast the headlight buckets and retainer frames. Then i'm going to hit them with a little primer and start restoring them for use on my truck.

Last edited: