my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost back to shop projects. Just in time too. I am burning the rest of my PDO and vacation at the end of the year. Today was my first full day off, and I dont go back to work till january 9th. Gonna get a lot done. Today was floating grout day, caulking and edge sealing, and installing valves and such. A bit more to go, including trimming it out with quarter round at the top, and let it all dry until Thursday, then it can be used. I kind of enjoyed this job, and I know people will pay good money for this kind of work, but I'm good with this one job for me, and done.

Attachments

• 20231218_205357.jpg
    20231218_205357.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231218_205418.jpg
    20231218_205418.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231218_205427.jpg
    20231218_205427.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So y'all want to here a funny? Well here it goes. Those who have been following what has since become a journal of sorts here on GMT400 know about the hit n run on my wifes impala a few pages back. Well between a ton of overtime before Christmas, I finally was able to get stuff taken care of with Allstate, and finally got down to the chevy dealer body shop on Jan 2nd to give them the Allstate estimate, and get them to take pix and get the process started.

I tried bringing them the car before this, but they would not look at the car until I handed them Allstates initial estimate. So now the car goes in on Feb 12th. Well before the accident on Nov 6th the registration was due at the end of november. You need a passing inspection to get a registration sticker. Well that's not gonna happen with a smashed headlight.

So my wife gets pulled over by Abilenes finest tonight, or Cop in a box as she calls them now. She tells them that the car is scheduled to get into the Lawrence Hall Chevrolet body shop Feb 12th. I told her the check from insurance is made out to me, and the body shop. So that's kinda where the car is gonna have to go. So the cop tells her she probably needs to get the car repaired somewhere sooner than that, and recommends she take it to Pep Boys auto parts to get it fixed. What an ID10T !!! Lol !!!

After all the stupid $hit with Grac, and her tearing up the town and the cops not giving 2 $hits about it, and now one of em offers some beyond stupid advice. What a w@nker. I thought my opinion of APD was low after that stupid crap with Grac, but now it's even lower. Car has its fender ripped off, and fender mounting brackets are torn and bent, and the bumper cover is torn. What's PeP boys gonna do? Beat it straight, and duct tape a headlight in there.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So y'all want to here a funny? Well here it goes. Those who have been following what has since become a journal of sorts here on GMT400 know about the hit n run on my wifes impala a few pages back. Well between a ton of overtime before Christmas, I finally was able to get stuff taken care of with Allstate, and finally got down to the chevy dealer body shop on Jan 2nd to give them the Allstate estimate, and get them to take pix and get the process started.

I tried bringing them the car before this, but they would not look at the car until I handed them Allstates initial estimate. So now the car goes in on Feb 12th. Well before the accident on Nov 6th the registration was due at the end of november. You need a passing inspection to get a registration sticker. Well that's not gonna happen with a smashed headlight.

So my wife gets pulled over by Abilenes finest tonight, or Cop in a box as she calls them now. She tells them that the car is scheduled to get into the Lawrence Hall Chevrolet body shop Feb 12th. I told her the check from insurance is made out to me, and the body shop. So that's kinda where the car is gonna have to go. So the cop tells her she probably needs to get the car repaired somewhere sooner than that, and recommends she take it to Pep Boys auto parts to get it fixed. What an ID10T !!! Lol !!!

After all the stupid $hit with Grac, and her tearing up the town and the cops not giving 2 $hits about it, and now one of em offers some beyond stupid advice. What a w@nker. I thought my opinion of APD was low after that stupid crap with Grac, but now it's even lower. Car has its fender ripped off, and fender mounting brackets are torn and bent, and the bumper cover is torn. What's PeP boys gonna do? Beat it straight, and duct tape a headlight in there.
So did Abilene get the rejects from Coffee City or what? Sounds like the kinda dumb sh!ts I'd want to ask" are you just naturally this stupid or do you have to work at it???"

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we killed the inspection recently.

When I registered one of my hoopties it was in non-passable condition. They gave me a 30 day temporary tag to get it fixed.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I thought we killed the inspection recently.

When I registered one of my hoopties it was in non-passable condition. They gave me a 30 day temporary tag to get it fixed.
Not till next year (2025). I gotta get both mine to pass before I get them retitled and the classic truck plates.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So years ago I did some auxiliary interior door panel indirect lighting on my silverado. I used green 12V LEDs and lit up the door panel pockets, and back lit the door pulls and wired it up to the dash lighting. It's just a nicety that nobody notices except at night. Anyhoo I am doing the same with my new daily driver. Matching the color with its backlighting.

This is a great idea for any of the old GMTs. Even dash board storage cubbies can be indirect back lit for nighttime convienence. I think it adds a nice touch of class to the interior at night. Let me know what you think.

Heres a few pix of how I am starting on working this mod into my maverick, but I did exactly the same on my 94. I started with escape platinum door pulls. The brushed silver I think is nicer than the black the truck came with.

In order to make the lights true flush mount I sanded them flat. A small daub of super glue holds them in place. I used 3mm 12V ice blue LEDs which matches the backlighting. I used the nice deep green LEDs on my silverado which matches the gage backlighting on it.

The wiring is tiny. Like 22 or 24 gage. I solder that into 20 gage 2 conductor , and seal it all into shrink tubing to help strengthen it up. All you need to run is a single power wire through the door wire loom and up to the dash. If your truck has back lit door switches, then you can tap in right there. The negative, just attach a ring terminal and a screw right into the door sheetmetal.

Note that the LED i am using is only 3mm diameter and is flat flush mounted, and it still throws an awful lot of light. The last pic you can see that you get the glow from the light but dont see LED directly. The holes I used are #30 drill size.

Attachments

• 20240107_120159.jpg
    20240107_120159.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240107_112709.jpg
    20240107_112709.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240107_113609.jpg
    20240107_113609.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240107_113011.jpg
    20240107_113011.jpg