My 1993 Dump Bed Farm Truck!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I picked up a diesel to gas project.. for the Farm.. It has an old carb'd 454 swapped in to it it is a wiring mess LOL.....

I have the 16147609 TCM for the 4l80E behind the glove box I was just wondering what I can use or tap in to for a ESS I can figure the TPS out or should I just ditch it all and do a manual valve body kit? Right now have it wired for manual shift at full line pressure seems to hold all gears. I am not sure the TCM is even good.. When hooked up I get nothing from the OBD1 Port.

I pulled about a mile of orange extension cords and romex and other budgie wiring out of this cow... I fixed the fuel level sending unit wiring now the fuel gauge works.

I Will work on getting the lights and blinkers to work tomorrow. Try and figure out the speedo also. Need to find the Coolant level plug under the hood also.

All data has been awesome for the electrical schematics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
She’s a gem! Good luck with the wiring, it’s amazing how time consuming it can be to work out all the gremlins.

Reaction score
Yea, it is especially when idiots worked on it.. For what I paid for it well..i bought the dump bed LOL and its steel plate not wood except the sides 6" Up!!

Dump Bed Data Plate

Will remove the oregon plate I am Farm Exempt just a sticker no plate but limited to 25 miles from my small chicken farm.. which around here is plenty!! 25 miles may not sound like a lot but in this area i rarely go further for supplies or equipment. but never have to pay an annual sticker and tonnage fee = good..

I have chip programming equipment so can erace and program the eprom in the TCU no problem if someone can point the way to software etc to get the shift points done.

My Eprom.. is BACX??Once I get My Dip Adapter will dump it!! Will assume it is a 27C128 since is is TCU only..

Ohh Soldering got that covered!!

Making Custom Brackets adapters.. Yep!! but sometimes cheaper / time saver to buy off the shelf..

Welding Yep!! Name the Process have most covered?

Here is the AKA Door Sticker>>

The Hydraulics.. Omaha Standard 516 SF

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have spent some time and put a Gas Cluster in it and traced and dug out all the wires for the the gauges...Replaced radiator and Shroud from Junk Yard.

Cracked Tanks ON the one that was in it.. and yes they used garden hose!!

What they used for a radiator Hose... LOL..

All Hoses Replaced with Factory 7.4L Hoses..

Anyone know where to get the engine harness bulk head connectors and pins want to make me a custom harness for this carb'd 454 Because I have a bunch of Mill spec Tefzel shielded hi temp Teflon Wire I know over kill but i have it and not using it for anything else. MY alternate plan is taking out the old harness stripping anything not needed and wrapping it in good high temp harness tape this plastic loom is busted and cracked in to many places look like dog doo.. lots of chafed/burnt wires also..

A friend may be have a Sniper EFI for it he cannot understand how to hook it up and don't want help he went old school carb's on his build so that would take care of the TPS if he lets the EFI Go.

I still have the trans hot wired for full line pressure and shift it manual I prob have driven it 50-60 miles LOL.. No time yet to work on the TCU!

To do is Exhaust manifold Gaskets blown and melting 2 spark plug boots and killing the plugs...

They plumbed the full pickup to the wrong line so it run out of fuel after using 1/4 tank.. total mess..

Stripped lots of house hold romex out they spliced that for lighting and trailer brake wiring done light, etc! I have gutted 90% of all after market / porley spliced wiring and had to redo the tail turn and marker lights.

I have the Tool Aid SGT18980 crimp set used it the most in the many years i have owned it on this truck + used lots of solder and thick heat shrink. Was a total Rats Nest but is looking good I have all blinkers stop and tail and headlights working as they should.

Radio power on locks channel but now sound think i am just going to pull it go after market or just a 12V Bluetooth Amp and sync phone.

I got this truck for uber cheap with clean title knowing it needed a ton of work but all work that can be done with ease.. Glad I have alldata for wiring diagrams. The toughest part so far was going to the wrecking yard to pull the Radiator, Cluster and Misc Parts and striping the shabby wiring.

Last edited: