My 1990 K2500 F44 "The Green *******"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Ended up buying a house, so I need this thing done by July 17th which it should be. Driver's side is pretty much done. Just gotta cotter pin and grease zerk everything and load the torsion bar then the the passenger side done.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Back on four wheels! Need to nut and bolt the sway bar bolts, and tighten one of the axle mounts. And get front driveshaft in. Then intake manifold re seal, dipstick re seal, header gaskets, and a freeze plugs. Then body assembly.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
All right today's update on the truck is when I first got up pouring rain outside didn't really bother me much I mean the trucks undercover and it wasn't really blowing so I know I wouldn't be blowing underneath where the truck is went out there and proceeded to start on the intake re-sealing progress. when I got done taking the photos of how my carb linkage and all that was set up and noticing that my throttle linkage never had a e clip with the lock on it to keep it on the carb stu. Then I pulled off the distributor cap and found out why the truck was running like total butt late last year and not so much the spring when I first drove around but the rotor button was halfway unscrewed on one side of the distributor so pulled them out and a little bit of blue loctite tighten them back down and should not be an issue from here on out. Once I finished the intake resale progress and hooked most of stuff back up I cleaned up and covered the wiring harness that runs behind the intake and the engine on the firewall. I used DEI cloth loom to cover that up. Once that was all buttoned up I sealed the oil dipstick to the block as it was puking a small amount of oil there also. Then I went and replaced the front core support mounts. Alot of cutting with the grinder in flip flops and shorts, wouldn't recommend. Sat the new core support on and got them tacked up and put the new bushings in. Hopefully I got it somewhat right for panel alignment. We shall see.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Washed the new Arizona core support last night, hit it all with some scotch brite, and cleaned again. Hit the small surface rust areas with rust converter primer. Sprayed the core support with paint and clear along with the new mounts. mounted the new core support up and put the beautiful inner fenders on as well. Bumper is loosely on for now until final fitment. Just gotta pull the front fenders off the '93, polish the insides, re paint the plastics, and pull the fender flares off the old fenders and mount them on them.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Pulled the fenders off my namesake truck, along with the grill. Just set them all up on the truck to see how it looks. Gunna start putting all them on and getting it all aligned tmrw night.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well got it all together on the ground, Had to play with the panel gap alignment my issue was the front passenger core support mount that I welded in turned out I welded in a little too low side to shim up the core support on that side to make the fender to door gap happy again otherwise it was a terrible fit. Then the hood alignment is still a little off, but I hope to at least save some money now and get a couple of hood so I might as well just wait till then to start screwing on with that a little bit more. Drove it in the town to an alignment shop and they had it aligned perfectly they had a notch out for the camber of the camper plates so with the truck sitting level with the torsion bar keys raised that high they won't kill the tires or most of the suspension parts I hope. and I've put around 300 mi on it since then which was on Wednesday of this week, which gives me enough time to break it in before I move starting next Friday the 17th. The truck rides so much smoother so much nicer I'm so happy I just need to have the tires balanced with aluminum weights or aluminum wheel weights and not the beads inside cuz it shakes pretty good at 50 miles an hour or so. The last photo is of the truck as it is tonight part in front of the house I purchased.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Last weekend I dove deep into the interior. Pulled the seats and the console out. Picked up the loose garbage and change. Broke out the shop vac, did one pass, then took a stuff britsle brush and roughed up the entire carpet, and shop vac again. Then broke out the carpet cleaner. I used a carpet shampoo from the parts store, and used my Amazon drill brush on my 90 degree DeWalt drill, and did a little parts at a time. In the carpet cleaner I used a mix of water and Awesome from the dollar store. Made two passes in every spot. Then for the plastics and one stubborn stain on the carpet, I used a steamer and some chemical guy's interior cleaner. I will need to get a new jack base one of these days. Then shampooed the door panels, and seats. Will need to get some custom spray paint for the driver's seat frame. And I need to aquire a new slider rail for the driver's seat.