My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet on instrumentation.

I'm still on the fence between full race car or semi-street vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score

I swear, someday i'll get back on this truck. It's close to getting finished.

Can't remember if I explained it or not. Got the cooling system burped and sealed 5-6 weeks ago. Then it developed a slow leak from the NEW GM thermostat housing, which the LS housings and seals are pretty straightforward to seal up. Work got busy, bought a new 2023 Silverado and kinda lost interest in this truck for a while.

Just drained the coolant the other day, replaced the thermostat housing with another gm piece. Still have to refill, burp the truck and actually take it for a drive.

Oh.... and install the Holley dash.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
It happens, much easier to ignore them when you've got other fun toys to drive!

Was about to message you and see if you were still alive!

I really do appreciate your thought! I've been passing through Horton twice a month, avoiding deputy dog. Been meaning to call you and take you up on the barley pop offer.

The 2023 has kept me awfully busy.

Made it about a week and a half on the bridgestone street tires, before ordering new Falkens.

Also found a set of new GM step bars for a steal on Facebook, ran down to the Lake of the Ozarks to pick them up. Did a 2" Rough Country leveling strut kit with matching rear shocks as well.

Lastly, found a screaming deal on a center console and ordered it. I really wanted a truck with a console to start with, but $10,000 off of sticker said I was getting a bench seat truck. These consoles usually go for $700-1200 used, found this one in a 2021 Trailboss down in Cape Girardeau, MO. Had it freight shipped up to me.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Got the intercooler plumbed and filled today. Took it for a drive around the block. Good lord this thing is a menace.

Doesn't have the typical peaky LS power delivery feel, it's right off idle and feels like it wants to Rev to the moon. I did a quick 1-2 shifting at 5k. It's ridiculous.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Put about 40 miles on the truck tonight. This thing is an awesome driving truck! RPM at 70 is really decent.

The 6 speed shifts like butter and good lord the Torque this LSA puts down, it feels super solid!

Need to get it in for an alignment, next.