My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So, small update.

Received my new boujee floor mats, GM reproduction pieces, made by Holley.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also spent some time this afternoon, pulled the dash assembly out, removed the factory automatic brake pedal, installed the correct manual brake pedal. Also did the clutch pedal box and pedal as well. I'll dust the pedals with some satin black paint.

Took some time, routed the remote bleeder and clutch feed lines from the transmission, installed the brand new slave cylinder and got everything hooked up.

At that point, it was abusively hot at 90 degree's in the shop and 2-1/2 hours was about all I wanted to deal with.

Still looking for an NV3500 floor shift boot and trim ring, so I can close the shifter hole up.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my new boujee floor mats
I haven't heard anybody use this term, and last week on the way to Colorado one of my racing teammates complained about people saying "boujee". Since then I've heard it twice. Just so you know, boujee is a shortened form of "bourgeois", pronounced "booj-wah". It means middle-class pretending to be rich. When the term originated in France, it was a term the rich used with a sneer. I'm not telling you how to use the term, just understand its origin so if someone sneers when they say it, you know their character.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I haven't heard anybody use this term, and last week on the way to Colorado one of my racing teammates complained about people saying "boujee". Since then I've heard it twice. Just so you know, boujee is a shortened form of "bourgeois", pronounced "booj-wah". It means middle-class pretending to be rich. When the term originated in France, it was a term the rich used with a sneer. I'm not telling you how to use the term, just understand its origin so if someone sneers when they say it, you know their character.

I appreciate the lengthy dissertation on the origins of the word.

Although, I'm no stranger to coy words for peasantry.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Small update on the truck.

So far i've found the factory .702" bore clutch master cylinder, doesn't provide enough pressure per stroke to fully dis-engage the heavier duty spec pressure plate I installed.

After some homework, pedal ratio measuring, stroke length calculations, i've found a wilwood clutch master at .8125" bore to be sufficient for my needs.

Currently waiting for the new clutch master to be delivered.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda...
The mocking way it's used that I think you're referring to usually takes place between old money and new money. Old money types sneeringly refer to the nouveau riche in this way, because (they think) new money thinks that it's the conspicous consumption that the money allows that confers prestige.

The common usage of "boujee" is an appropriation of the term into mainstream culture from the black community. Black folk have long referred to other black folk who pretentiously aspire to a very specific type of upward mobility as boujee, and in the past few years the term has found traction outside the black community, all the way to it's inclusion in the popular country/hick-hop song by Walker Hayes.

Then there's Marx's use of the term, but I'll save that sociological lesson for another day!

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Alright, small updated.

Clutch master was due to be delivered last Saturday, Fedex tracking sure showed it was delivered to my back porch at 1:36 PM. Funny, my camera's didn't see anyone back there. Searched all around the house, was no where to be found.

Called Fedex "Well, we'll run a tracer on it.", didn't hear anything more after that. Package magically showed up on my front porch Sunday afternoon.

So, I either have good neighbors or the Fedex guy finally dropped it off.

Comparison of the factory style clutch master and rod, to the Wilwood. Factory was 7.5" from the face of the clutch master to the centerline of the eyelet at the clutch pedal. Messing around with a heim joint as the Wilwood setup is 5/16-24 thread.

Decided to measure and cut the factory clutch pushrod, weld a 5/16-24 barrel nut / union to the steel rod.

I was instantly displeased with the thought of having to drill ANOTHER set of stud holes for the clutch master to mount, luckily enough the oem setup is 2-1/4" spacing and the Wilwood master is, too. So mounting was a bolt on affair, just had to slightly cant the wilwood master, which seems to work okay.

All in all, my 5.33:1 ratio is still matched, stroke is within .038", pedal has full travel and good feel.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
FedEx is hot garbage. If given a choice, they are always my last...

Good to know about the spacing on the MC, your solution with the factory pedal end would have been my solution as well.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
FedEx is hot garbage. If given a choice, they are always my last...

Good to know about the spacing on the MC, your solution with the factory pedal end would have been my solution as well.

That's where i'm at, i'm kind of tired of doing "race" stuff and the high end modifications to make the truck work. I'm to the point, I just want it to work and be rock solid reliable.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
That's where i'm at, i'm kind of tired of doing "race" stuff and the high end modifications to make the truck work. I'm to the point, I just want it to work and be rock solid reliable.

I'm there with my stuff as well. Last time I had the Z28 out, I may have done one hard pull...and the obligatory burnout on the cement bridge. Definitely don't drive it near as hard as I used to.

I like the minor maintenance required setups at this point.