My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure, but I hated how cluttered the interior was, let alone trying to keep an eye on 9 gauges.

Everything is in one spot now.
They dd gauges can display anything you want all in the lcd displays and is alittle cheaper and looks cleaner.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
They dd gauges can display anything you want all in the lcd displays and is alittle cheaper and looks cleaner.

But does the Dakota Digital stuff interface perfectly with the Holley sensors? No, they require their own sensors.

The whole reason I did this was to remove a ton of wiring and sensors.

The DD accuracy is less than the Holley stuff.

red_97

Reaction score
You've had too many sweet builds/trucks. Just sold my latest gmt400..father inlaws 94 z71 was a beautiful truck but frame was rotted all over. Hated to sell but dont have time/space to frame swap. Been looking into a 2wd to static drop as ive never done one. After reading your threads i have no ides what i want now..a scsb 2wd, a exlb 3/4 ton 4x4, or a ecsb 2wd like i planned..no matter what route i go as long as they turn out half as good as your builds and as tasteful with the mods ill be happy

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You've had too many sweet builds/trucks. Just sold my latest gmt400..father inlaws 94 z71 was a beautiful truck but frame was rotted all over. Hated to sell but dont have time/space to frame swap. Been looking into a 2wd to static drop as ive never done one. After reading your threads i have no ides what i want now..a scsb 2wd, a exlb 3/4 ton 4x4, or a ecsb 2wd like i planned..no matter what route i go as long as they turn out half as good as your builds and as tasteful with the mods ill be happy

You can always have one of each!

Thanks for the kind words.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Small update. Decided to remove the SBC and install it and a Muncie M21 in my nova.

With that being said, I've reached a point where it's no longer fun to drive the truck. The SBC has just become too radical, idle and WOT is great. Highway and low speed cruising isnt as fun.

I've had this truck for nearly 6 years, enjoyed it the most as a daily driver.

So, I sourced a 90,000 mile 6.0 and 4L80E, which I'll be adding a cam, valvesprings and longtube headers to. The overdrive will be a major plus.

Also ordered a Holley Terminator X Max kit to control the engine and trans.

You must be registered for see images attach

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update. Decided to remove the SBC and install it and a Muncie M21 in my nova.

With that being said, I've reached a point where it's no longer fun to drive the truck. The SBC has just become too radical, idle and WOT is great. Highway and low speed cruising isnt as fun.

I've had this truck for nearly 6 years, enjoyed it the most as a daily driver.

So, I sourced a 90,000 mile 6.0 and 4L80E, which I'll be adding a cam, valvesprings and longtube headers to. The overdrive will be a major plus.

Also ordered a Holley Terminator X Max kit to control the engine and trans.

You must be registered for see images attach

I vote for a turbo on the 6.0 too lol