My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Here is the interior by the end of Sunday. Only ended up with half a day Sunday. I'm currently try if figure out whats going on with the power locks. Something is just not working right. Maybe bad switches. Maybe bad actuators. Both? Spent most of the time Sunday running wires and chasing down that problem. Switch is pinned correctly. if i have time this week ill bench test both actuators to make sure they work and get some new switches on order.

You must be registered for see images attach

Once the doors work I'm going to turn my focus toward getting it driving again. I kinda need it for the winter if we get some bad snow. so rear glass reinstalled and a new front windshield is in order. The rest of the interior will get refinished as the parts truck gets torn down.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Floor pan reshaping is need for them to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Door locks work but the switches are bad. Ill order some up if the body shop doesn't have any. Will be finishing up the radio bezel tonight so the radio and cup holders can be finished. I have a aux fuse block coming in for the accessories i plan to run as well as connector the the switch panel. Should be able to start the truck back up this weekend after my daughters 1st birthday.

Things to do before the end of the year....

rebuild the rear end
new front window and install rear window
swap over leafs, tranny, and rest of interior from parts truck
break down parts truck and get it out of the driveway.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I’m going to miss my big glove box. The ac one is so much smaller

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Both door now have windows and the front and rear glass have been installed.

Radio bezel has been finished. And wiring harness made for the switches.

Just need to figure what color I’m going to powder coat the switch place. The raw aluminum looks out of place. Maybe a black chrome.

Anyways. Tonight I’m installing the stock tail lights until I figure out what new ones I want. Door seals are getting installed. And a few other things to make it road worthy. Just Incase I need to drive it in the snow tomorrow.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Had the truck out for a bit this weekend. Still got a good amount left to do. I noticed a header leak that needs to be addressed but here is a bad phone video of it running. (hope the upload works)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media