My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for an update.

Truck is starting well, idling well, and running ok.

I'm getting a random hesitation/stuttering while accelerating. Basically the same issue I was having while running the demon. This hesitation started after the rebuild. So lately I have been working backwards to figure out what is not right. I switched back from e3 plugs to ngk. Nothing changed. Went to the extremes of engine timing. Low timing vs high didn't make it better or worse. Rechecked all the grounds, nothing. So, this weekend I’m going to pull the intake manifold back off and make sure the gasket is not blown out anywhere. If the gasket looks good, I’m going to try the other manifold and see if anything changes.

Is this with the fitech? If so adjust the accel pump. Lower it and try it. Mine was way rich. I think im fown to 1.7 or so on all temps

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Is this with the fitech? If so adjust the accel pump. Lower it and try it. Mine was way rich. I think im fown to 1.7 or so on all temps

I've tried them at 1, 5, 10, 20, -5, -10,-40. with no change in the hesitation. Sometimes (by that I mean rarely)the hesitation isn't there and it runs like a bat out of hell.

Like i said, this issue wasn't there before pulling the engine but was there after. So that's why I'm looking into what was changed on the engine rather than the settings. I have been dialing in the settings but its a pain when the engine isn't accelerating correctly.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've tried them at 1, 5, 10, 20, -5, -10,-40. with no change in the hesitation. Sometimes (by that I mean rarely)the hesitation isn't there and it runs like a bat out of hell.

Like i said, this issue wasn't there before pulling the engine but was there after. So that's why I'm looking into what was changed on the engine rather than the settings. I have been dialing in the settings but its a pain when the engine isn't accelerating correctly.
I understand. Let me know what it was

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Truck is running better than ever. Did the intake manifold gasket...... nothing changed. On a whim i decided to re adjust the lifter lash. Bingo! Truck runs great. No hesitation. Just have to dial in the tuning on the EFI and re-do one of the valve cover gaskets(it started seeping on the test drive). Then its finally on to the interior!

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is running better than ever. Did the intake manifold gasket...... nothing changed. On a whim i decided to re adjust the lifter lash. Bingo! Truck runs great. No hesitation. Just have to dial in the tuning on the EFI and re-do one of the valve cover gaskets(it started seeping on the test drive). Then its finally on to the interior!
Awesome man

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Got some miles on the truck now. had to replace both the coolant sensor and the o2 sensor that came with the efi unit. Had a connector pop lose but other than that its running great. I'm currently having an issue with the 4 wheel drive actuator not working and my wipers doing what ever they want. for now they are just unplugged. I started doing some more work on the interior this week end. Finished the headliner and ordered some more dye for the plastics. Hoping to start on a door panel this upcoming week end.

You must be registered for see images attach

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
So I’m working on getting the vinyl off the door pans. Any one have any tip for making this less painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
and here is a pic of the seats installed.

I think I'm going to re upholster them when its time to work on the interior.

Any pictures of how you made the mounts or have these seats mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk