My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. I’m throwing money at it. Just not fast enough I guess
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love the drive ability this adds. It'll be a little frustrating to get dialed in but there are a lot of good you tube tuning video to help. I just got my truck back together and done mechanically. The turn key and go is so nice

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
The FiTech unit is pretty much installed.(no pic yet) The only thing left to do is plum the fuel system in.

Got more parts in yesterday. New distributor, ignition coil, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug wires, fuel line and fittings.

Fit the new pump into the stock sending unit.

New Starter, hopefully this one last more than a year.

New distributor so i can control the timing with the FiTech.

Ill be locking the timing on the distributor tonight and installing it tomorrow along with the coil and new plug wires. As long as reworking the fuel system doesn't give me issues, I should hopefully be starting this thing back up this weekend.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The FiTech unit is pretty much installed.(no pic yet) The only thing left to do is plum the fuel system in.

Got more parts in yesterday. New distributor, ignition coil, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug wires, fuel line and fittings.

Fit the new pump into the stock sending unit.

New Starter, hopefully this one last more than a year.

New distributor so i can control the timing with the FiTech.

Ill be locking the timing on the distributor tonight and installing it tomorrow along with the coil and new plug wires. As long as reworking the fuel system doesn't give me issues, I should hopefully be starting this thing back up this weekend.

Sweet. Let me know how you like the fitech controlling the timing. I dont have mine set up for timing control because i dont want to buy another dizi

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Distributor is locked and installed. Ignition coil installed and wires. New plug wires ran. New gas tank installed. Old lines pulled and new fuel lines ran.

All that is left is a gauge port needs to plugged for now on the fuel line, double check the wiring and get some gas in the tank. Then it’s time to start it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Got it started up last night. It was giving me issues Sunday. I was not getting spark from the coil. After chasing my tail and determining that both the coil and distributor were good, I had to do some more digging. The fitech unit was not seeing engine rpm from the distributor. After some trouble shooting, it turns out the white wire I had hooked to key on was turning off when cranking. As a test i jumped it to battery and now it is reading engine rpm. A slight adjustment with the distributor and it fired up. it would stay running with the gas pedal press a little but would not idle by itself. Tonight I'm going to rewire that white wire and play with the settings some more to get it running good enough for a test drive.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it started up last night. It was giving me issues Sunday. I was not getting spark from the coil. After chasing my tail and determining that both the coil and distributor were good, I had to do some more digging. The fitech unit was not seeing engine rpm from the distributor. After some trouble shooting, it turns out the white wire I had hooked to key on was turning off when cranking. As a test i jumped it to battery and now it is reading engine rpm. A slight adjustment with the distributor and it fired up. it would stay running with the gas pedal press a little but would not idle by itself. Tonight I'm going to rewire that white wire and play with the settings some more to get it running good enough for a test drive.

First thing you want is to get your iac set after engine is at temp. That will fix alot of issues. Then from there you can fine tune with accel pump and dfco

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
First thing you want is to get your iac set after engine is at temp. That will fix alot of issues. Then from there you can fine tune with accel pump and dfco

That was the game plan. I got it running as i was on my way out to go to dinner. Wife wasn't to happy about making us late.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Time for an update.

Truck is starting well, idling well, and running ok.

I'm getting a random hesitation/stuttering while accelerating. Basically the same issue I was having while running the demon. This hesitation started after the rebuild. So lately I have been working backwards to figure out what is not right. I switched back from e3 plugs to ngk. Nothing changed. Went to the extremes of engine timing. Low timing vs high didn't make it better or worse. Rechecked all the grounds, nothing. So, this weekend I’m going to pull the intake manifold back off and make sure the gasket is not blown out anywhere. If the gasket looks good, I’m going to try the other manifold and see if anything changes.