My 1980 z28 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memories... I had an '81 Camaro. Worst car I've owned.

It had a 305 - all the sound, fury, and gas mileage of a V8, and all the power of a V6.

Every bit as long and wide as my mom's minivan, but I could fit more stuff in my RX-7.

Nylon timing chain that fell apart.

Battery acid-rotted inner fender that required removing the A/C from the interior to unbolt.

Air shocks that required air every other day.

Unilug 5-spoke Cragars that never quite centered. The car always 'bounced' at low speeds.

The 305 lost compression about the same time the TH350 started slipping, which was also the same day I got my RX-7 running again. I tried swapping my 500 Cadillac into it, but the front suspension was too bulky to make it work. I sold that car in 2002 for $800 with no engine or transmission, because it was the only one around with no bondo in the rear quarter panels.

Beautiful cars, and yours is one of the better examples. Good work!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Memories... I had an '81 Camaro. Worst car I've owned.

It had a 305 - all the sound, fury, and gas mileage of a V8, and all the power of a V6.

Every bit as long and wide as my mom's minivan, but I could fit more stuff in my RX-7.

Nylon timing chain that fell apart.

Battery acid-rotted inner fender that required removing the A/C from the interior to unbolt.

Air shocks that required air every other day.

Unilug 5-spoke Cragars that never quite centered. The car always 'bounced' at low speeds.

The 305 lost compression about the same time the TH350 started slipping, which was also the same day I got my RX-7 running again. I tried swapping my 500 Cadillac into it, but the front suspension was too bulky to make it work. I sold that car in 2002 for $800 with no engine or transmission, because it was the only one around with no bondo in the rear quarter panels.

Beautiful cars, and yours is one of the better examples. Good work!
Yep a 305 is a 350 that isn't full grown yet! Had one in a pickup that wasn't too bad, but the 350 in the 78 was better than the 305 in the 81.
I like the Camaro, the big square Burb, and the 400 pickup, all look sharp that Camaro oughta go damn good with the big block