Multiple codes and blown Eng1 fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi yall,
I recently rebuilt my l29 vortec 454. It runs well and cleared emissions checks.
Last night while driving on the freeway I lost power for 2 seconds, as if I had let off the gas, then came back and I kept driving. I shut the truck off for about 20 min, came back and I had a check engine light.
I tried to start it but it would only surge rpm then shut off. I tried again 5 min later and it ran without any issues.
I checked fuses after researching and found Eng 1 was blown.
I replaced the fuse but can't see anything that would cause it. I checked the o2 sensor wires and they look fine.
Here are the codes :
P0301
P0340
P0102

I'm guessing one might have caused the others?

Anyone ever have this issue with all these codes? Is there a way to troubleshoot the maf without a GM tech 2?
Thanks for amy help!

You must be registered for see images attach

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi yall,
I recently rebuilt my l29 vortec 454. It runs well and cleared emissions checks.
Last night while driving on the freeway I lost power for 2 seconds, as if I had let off the gas, then came back and I kept driving. I shut the truck off for about 20 min, came back and I had a check engine light.
I tried to start it but it would only surge rpm then shut off. I tried again 5 min later and it ran without any issues.
I checked fuses after researching and found Eng 1 was blown.
I replaced the fuse but can't see anything that would cause it. I checked the o2 sensor wires and they look fine.
Here are the codes :
P0301
P0340
P0102

I'm guessing one might have caused the others?

Anyone ever have this issue with all these codes? Is there a way to troubleshoot the maf without a GM tech 2?
Thanks for amy help!

cool_as_crap, you can determine which component or circuit is in electrical short disconnecting one by one, and retesting each time, if after disconn
ecting all of them fuse keeps blowing , then locate splice 108 (S108) in engine harness, approximately 4.5 inch from ignition coil breakout, toward starter solenoid, there is possible you find a short, if not, also there you can cut one by one pink wires that goes to individual components and ...

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool_as_crap, you can determine which component or circuit is in electrical short disconnecting one by one, and retesting each time, if after disconn
ecting all of them fuse keeps blowing , then locate splice 108 (S108) in engine harness, approximately 4.5 inch from ignition coil breakout, toward starter solenoid, there is possible you find a short, if not, also there you can cut one by one pink wires that goes to individual components and ...
Thanks for the help much appreciated! !
I'll try this

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you end up finding your issue? I have the same thing going on with a crew cab I just picked up

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nvm. I found my issue. The wires going to the O2 sensors We’re rubbing on the front driveshaft.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
it's funny I would come across this post now, not three hours after having come inside from doing an oil change on mine and noticing that exact same harness sitting on top of my front drive shaft. The clip that was supposed to be holding it must have broken off. Glad I caught it before it did this!