Mud flaps; Which ones do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaquero

Reaction score
At the moment I am having my truck painted, and while that is happening I am already thinking about how I'm going to preserve the new paint job. In both the front and the back I always get a lot of roadspray, tar, dirt and muck that is kicked up. Cleaning up behind the wheels is always tough. So I was thinking, a set of mud flaps might protect that area. The only thing is, I'm not keen on having to drill to put some on. Are there any mudflaps that use stock drilled locations (I'm assuming there are some - since I don't have the truck with me I can't look and I can't remember if there are). What mudflaps do you run?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there are fastener holes in the OEM fenders/box and I’ve never seen a set of no-drill mud flaps for these trucks. I drilled holes and added mine. Personally, I like the hard plastic flaps. They don’t flap in while driving down the road and catch more debris I feel. I’ve had both rubber and hard flaps.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old post, had after market flaps on our Chev. First 4 years in Toronto Ontario Canada Salt, E Allen Poe nightmare. In heavy snow they will impede travel.

vaquero

Reaction score
Old post, had after market flaps on our Chev. First 4 years in Toronto Ontario Canada Salt, E Allen Poe nightmare. In heavy snow they will impede travel.
I have heard a lot of horror stories about salt and rusting out the areas under mud flaps and running boards. They don't use salt on the roads here in Oregon, which is a good thing.

vaquero

Reaction score
I'm still up in the air on mudflaps. I HATE the idea of my rockers/behind the wheels getting dinged up and dirty. Mudflaps would really cut down on the rocks and mud that are kicked up. At the same time, I don't want to invite rust issues in the future. Hard choice!!!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the GM splash guards, not molded, they don't collect crap, stop rocks flying, look decent and pretty cheap,,,,

You must be registered for see images attach