MSCustoms 90 ECSB Blue Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dont hate me on colors :lol: its a ford raptor blue and kia silver

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Thanks, she has come a long way and I'm super excited. I plan to dynamat the inside and finish the gmt800 seat install but I found out the hard way that the tranny tunnel is not centered in the cab so I am working on fabbing up special brackets. I am hoping to finally get my bds lift installed as well since its sitting in my room haha.

I starting looking into an ls swap but its put on hold for now since I got a mountain bike instead

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I got the front bumper, fog lights, grille, and underhood fog light wiring done today. The prewired fog lights were sub par and I redid the wiring and the fog lights didnt come with brackets. The rear bumper parts are sand blasted and ready for paint and the front bucket seats are still halfway upholstered

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Tested the fog lights with the 454ss fog light switch provided by gmachinz. I need to route the wires under the dash now

Last edited:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Lots have happened since paint. I finally rebuilt the front end and upgraded to a 6in BDS lift with realift torsion bar relocator. The new lift cut my turning radius in half and was really bad. Since then I upgraded to forged lower control arms from a 2500 suburban and it brought back my turning radius to where it was before.

View media item 32207

The torsion bar relocatorss hit the compression struts on the lift. I contacted both BDS and realift and neither of them heard about it before but both said I could run without the struts. I didnt like that idea so I made new struts to move them out of the way and used 1/4 plate with 2x2 tubing that was 14 GA.

View media item 32213

After its first wax

View media item 32205

Last edited:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Next was the interior. I added 6.5 coax Memphis?, cant fully remember, speakers to the rear and kicker KS 6.5 components in the doors with tweets in the stock dashboard location. I added new carpet and upholstered NBS seats and door panels. I made custom brackets for the seats so I would not modify the truck at all and this was more difficult than I anticipated but am 1000x happier with these seats.

Upholstery pieces
View media item 32206

Test fit
View media item 32209

Had to bring the inner bracket inwards on the passenger seat to avoid hitting the tranny tunnel
View media item 32208

The center consol seat proved to be the most difficult. The fold down version had a plastic bin that was too big so I stripped the metal hinges and frame to narrow the back hinge support
View media item 32212

I then took a 3rd middle seat from a work truck that didnt have the folding option and narrowed the frame and solid foam backing
View media item 32211

I finally got all the modifications done and upholstered
View media item 32210

Last edited:

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did your upholstery come from? Is that a kit?

Also, that's the first I heard of the forged LCA providing more turning radius? Is that just because it's lifted? Can anyone confirm if this is true for a stock K3500 also? I could use every bit of turning radius I can get!

Any way to share these pics on the GMT400 sight instead of photobucket? Photobucket won't let me view them unless you know something I don't?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I bought the stock material from SMS, don't read this Sewlow lol, and I have a Juki sewing machine at home.

I read somewhere that GM went to the new stamped design that increased the turning radius from the older 400's and that was sometime after my truck. My lift install instructions mention that too.

Let me check on pictures...