Mrs. Skylark's 06 GTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm usually a fan of Corsa on Vettes so I was disappointed when I heard a YouTube video of Corsa on a GTO. The Borla sounded good though. What I wish to find is actually an "exotic" sound. My wife and I were cruising down a back road last summer with the windows down and a new Camaro came around the corner and the sound made both my wife and I go wow! It wasn't loud, it actually sounded like a pasta rocket.

There's a few GTOs of that mint running around my county, and they all sound exotic, I just couldn't ever find a kit that would really change the exhaust note much though, I wonder if they just ran headers and straightpipes? Maybe Headers and glasspacks? I'd take it to the exhaust shop and get something totally custom if I was to do it again. I was like 18 when I bought it and 19 when I sold it, and that was before I was a parts man, so I didn't know **** about sourcing parts or about cars in general. I bought for $5000, it had 120k on it, and sold it for $5000 a year later with some new body damage added by yours truly (traded it on my 2010 Camaro SS w/ only 5k miles on it) Turns out, worst idea I've ever had, the GTO all miled up is now worth as much or more than the low mile Camaro.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Is gm doing that?

I'm not sure if GM has done it for the Camaro, but when I Googled it last night, it sounded like guys were building engines with them..... not sure of the source for the cranks. I watched a video of a 3rd gen Camaro being autocrossed with a flat plane crank engine.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's wild, would have been around 92-93 for us, could have been neighbors even, did she live in an upstairs apartment? We had an older lady on the upper level and on the opposite side of our apartment. Just remembered I had a bike that got stolen when we lived there, cut the chain and everything. Cops found it 3 months later stripped down in the bushes at the Fred Meyer down the street.

Good plan on the clutch then. I've got a Monster Level 3 in mine, and its not forgiving or easy on the leg...no slipping either, its in or out. The 2 probably would have been good enough, and if I ever get a wild hair to pull the transmission, it'll get a Level 2 setup.
She was downstairs.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a few GTOs of that mint running around my county, and they all sound exotic, I just couldn't ever find a kit that would really change the exhaust note much though, I wonder if they just ran headers and straightpipes? Maybe Headers and glasspacks? I'd take it to the exhaust shop and get something totally custom if I was to do it again. I was like 18 when I bought it and 19 when I sold it, and that was before I was a parts man, so I didn't know **** about sourcing parts or about cars in general. I bought for $5000, it had 120k on it, and sold it for $5000 a year later with some new body damage added by yours truly (traded it on my 2010 Camaro SS w/ only 5k miles on it) Turns out, worst idea I've ever had, the GTO all miled up is now worth as much or more than the low mile Camaro.
We paid 13k for this one. You can find lightly modified ones with similar mileage for that price but she loves the color. There was a beautiful blue one in Sacramento that had a salvage title, it doesn't take much to total one due to parts availability. It had a Maggie supercharger, cat back, what appeared to be full Pedders suspension and poly bushings, Hotchkiss sway bars, 6 piston front Wilwoods, 4 piston rear Wilwoods, big rotors and more that he would've let go for 14k but it was an automatic.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if GM has done it for the Camaro, but when I Googled it last night, it sounded like guys were building engines with them..... not sure of the source for the cranks. I watched a video of a 3rd gen Camaro being autocrossed with a flat plane crank engine.
Interesting.

Edit; Um, wow!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It had a Maggie supercharger, cat back, what appeared to be full Pedders suspension and poly bushings, Hotchkiss sway bars, 6 piston front Wilwoods, 4 piston rear Wilwoods, big rotors and more

...and still, the first thing that came into m'head was...
"Damn. All that'd be really nice in my truck."

https://tenor.com/view/stupid-gif-4200684

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I put my sweetie to work on her car. She installed the Interstate MT-34 battery, did a drain and fill on the T56, popped in the skip shift eliminator and removed the left rear wheel so I could flip the tire around on the wheel (it was rotating the wrong way). I also adjusted the parking brake.
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I put my sweetie to work on her car. She installed the Interstate MT-34 battery, did a drain and fill on the T56, popped in the skip shift eliminator and removed the left rear wheel so I could flip the tire around on the wheel (it was rotating the wrong way). I also adjusted the parking brake.

You gotta update your signature!