Most current Alternator upgrade for 94 TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Initially i was planning on running this dual battery setup in parallel as mentioned previously. After giving this more thought i believe it would be better planned as an alternate setup. This will ensure a teenager doesn't run both batteries dry due to a lack of paying attention and the obvious inability to crank up afterwards. It will also give the opportunity to divorce the alternators and plum in remote rectifiers as you mention, thereby also increasing output voltage. Given i can add underdrive pulleys, that will also increase idle amperage output as well.
they arent very loved for when they break but you may want to consider gettig overrunning /decoupler pullies on them too. the forces on the single belt will be harsh and probably tax the single belt tensioner as it is. if they include a second tensioner somehow that will help a lot

When it came to batteries, I was thinking about a automotive audio battery which tend to be.. i dont remember to be honest, but its not usually the size of your normal one, and I believe they are deep cell. i dont know how they wire in, but usually they live near the equipment.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After giving this more thought i believe it would be better planned as an alternate setup. This will ensure a teenager doesn't run both batteries dry due to a lack of paying attention and the obvious inability to crank up afterwards.
As a teenager, that was how I learned things. Make a stupid decision? Get stranded and have to figure out a way out of the mess, because I sure didn't want to have to call Mom and Dad.