Moser Street Axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwaystar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced diff. with a Eaton posi., Moser "Street Axles", new bearings & all braking hardware.
Had a vibration upon braking. Traced it to the new axle's hub pilot. The pilot is
smaller than the oem axles causing the drum to not center when installing. So,
for a temporary fix I wrapped aluminum tape around the pilot until the drums
went on squared up. Now vibration is gone. I called Moser about it, they said
they can machine any size pilot on a new set of axles for me! No other help.
Next time I change out the diff fluid, I'll install the oem axles back in. So, now
I have some expensive paper weights. Anyone installed the Moser street axles
with success? Thanks, Robert. Forgot to add, I have a 1994 C1500 2wd, bought new.

Last edited:

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced diff. with a Eaton posi., Moser "Street Axles", new bearings & all braking hardware.
Had a vibration upon braking. Traced it to the new axle's hub pilot. The pilot is
smaller than the oem axles causing the drum to not center when installing. So,
for a temporary fix I wrapped aluminum tape around the pilot until the drums
went on squared up. Now vibration is gone. I called Moser about it, they said
they can machine any size pilot on a new set of axles for me! No other help.
Next time I change out the diff fluid, I'll install the oem axles back in. So, now
I have some expensive paper weights. Anyone installed the Moser street axles
with success? Thanks, Robert. Forgot to add, I have a 1994 C1500 2wd, bought new.

I agree, just get one of those hub centric rings. I think they do exactly what you need, a small machined ring. That would be an easy fix and retain good axles like badco said.