Moog VS Mevotech Price VS Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The problem solver arm is even, IMO, reasonably priced.

Ken
I put Moog problem solver upper ball joints on my Burb in October 2018. Last year the upper control arm bushings were plenty worn out, so I got new complete upper control arms from O'Reilly's, Precision brand, and had them installed. The Moog BJs were still good and tight, no slop at all, so I kept the arm assemblies for spares. Eventually I will change the bushings, I think the holes are still good.
Moog was all my dad ever used for front end parts, unless he couldn't get them. But I have used other brands, like Perfect Circle/Spicer tie rods and ball joints on my '90 square Burb, because that's what I had available. That truck got a grease job every oil change (the square 2500/3500 trucks had greaseable steel control arm bushings so that was 8 extra fittings to get). That probably helped the parts last; that truck was still handling and steering well till we quit driving it.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
So I finally HAVE to replace my front end suspention parts. After much deliberation I'm going with the Moog Problem solver set up. I stopped at my local Advance Auto where I get a pretty good discount through my work. Then I priced Rock Auto. I can save over $110 in addition to adding new swaybar links and spring insulators and including shipping with this kit. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5647074&cc=1031184&pt=15413&jsn=491

Ken

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Pitman arm? Idler arm? Sway bar bushings? Wheel bearing grease seals? Grease for packing wheel bearings? Rag joint kit, or suitable replacement steering shaft?
If I had unlimited cash then, then yes all those items would be added. I have to "sneak" some of them in after the fact. LOL

Ken

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Mevotech Supreme front end parts on my 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax and so far (15k-ish miles) they've been excellent. Compared them to factory parts and they were definitely heavier and the boot material seemed to be thicker than other parts I've fondled.

I did LCA bushings, lower ball joints, new UCA's with bushings and ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm, sway bar frame bushings, sway bar end links, new AC Delco steering stabilizer, extended grease hoses, and a couple other little things.

I would have no problem recommending Mevotech's Supreme line of products to anyone that just needs a good oem-type replacement. I think there is some confusion about Mevotech's lineup. There are actually three product lines. TTX is the top of the line, Supreme is OEM replacement quality, and the "Original Grade" is their cheap parts and those I have no experience with. After a ton of research, it **appears** that Kryptonite branded parts are just Mevotech's TTX series with Kryptonite branding. If you look at Kryptonite UCA's they'll just be Mevotech's UCA with TTX ball joints and bushings.

I should mention that the Mevotech sway bar frame bushings that I ordered were not the correct size so I got those from the dealer and it appears there were a few different sizes for my Duramax and Rock Auto did not offer the correct size from any manufacturer.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a ton of research, it **appears** that Kryptonite branded parts are just Mevotech's TTX series with Kryptonite branding.
I have TTX parts in my front end. I’ve also seen a few comments about Kryptonite and TTX being the same parts, whether or not that was ever true I can’t say. But the current lineups for both are completely different. I don’t see one part that is comparable.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, both have very limited parts available for our truck with Kryptonite having even fewer.

Last edited:

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have TTX parts in my front end. I’ve also seen a few comments about Kryptonite and TTX being the same parts, whether or not that was ever true I can’t say. But the current lineups for both are completely different. I don’t see one part that is comparable.

Truth be told, I haven't researched Kryptonite products for the GMT400 trucks at all so, in this case, they may be completely different product lines. As far as tie rods go, they do seem completely different in those pictures you posted. I just run OE level tie rods with aftermarket sleeves and call it good. I don't wheel anything off-road so never needed Goliath ones. How are you liking the TTX series?

NMNorsse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also looked at loaded control arms but they come at a pretty steep price.
Changing the bushings is a PITA and requires a press.

If you have factory ball joints your got to drill and pound out rivets.

Before you decide, why not take out the bushings and ball joint from any arm. Then you'll see why buying the whole arm is worth it.