Moog VS Mevotech Price VS Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Moog is fine. As far as I can tell the downfall of Moog is all internet rumor. Whenever I've purchased Moog it's been USA made, with a very few parts from Mexico.

The Mevotech ttx parts look nice, but probably overkill in many situations. I would buy the upper 4x4 balljoint, though as those do look better than the Moog part.

Order it all on Rockauto .

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had Moog "Problem Solver" balljoints on my truck, probably around 20K miles on them now and they're shot. Going with either Mevotech or Kryptonite once I tear my front end apart for a rebuild.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've had Moog "Problem Solver" balljoints on my truck, probably around 20K miles on them now and they're shot. Going with either Mevotech or Kryptonite once I tear my front end apart for a rebuild.

Speaking of, I had a Moog Problem Solver last me all of 6 years. I managed to find the very faded receipt and swap it out for a new one.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Reaction score
Moog has been hit or miss for me lately. Used to to exclusively buy their stuff. Had 2 pitman arms and a set of upper ball joints fail in less than 7500 miles. Take that with a grain of salt though- a lot of our SC roads are garbage and I run down a fair amount of dirt roads/ forest trails to get to fishing spots. The rest of my suspension with Moog parts (mostly tie rods, lower BJs, idler arm, maybe couple other bits) has held up well past ~25k + miles. I too would pay extra $$ for overkill parts for the sake of not having to redo a repair.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You get your cart full at Carquest, AutoZone , Kragen, Advance, where ever. But maybe the part description is a little vague. All the Manufacturers have web presences, web sites. Just head over to home page , " Cheapskatejunk.com " find there catalog or enter the part number cross check if " krappooparts.com " has the right number in your basket.
At times you can also use " quackparts.com" part search to see if they carry a part number without the enter " year, make, model, eng, Silverado, Sierra, LT, trans, blood pressure, what did eat for lunch yesterday" and so on, just little faster.
"Ahh , Dad, waiting 5 seconds seems like forever" . :3811797817_8d685371
I hear this a lot.
Good luck.