Misfire! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It misses at all speeds not just 95 lol

Oh dang! Then why you running it that fast if engine is missing?

I don't even know that my GMT400 can run 95MPH, with NO misses, LOL.

52 psi "IS" below spec BTW. Should be 60 psi minimum, but mine run fine at 58 psi. Any lower id say fuel delivery.

Does it hold 52 psi with key ON, but engine OFF?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coolant tank gets sucked dry and definitely loss of coolant but oil looks good and never smokes from the tailpipe

Get that fixed buddy. Especially if you take it to the drag strip. For giggles I would rent a compression test kit and test it.
Little fun story. Cyl 3 was getting some coolant in it. Drove fine until you accelerate or put it under a load. Then it would run like crap. Did a compression test and found cylinder 3 was low.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

52 psi "IS" below spec BTW. Should be 60 psi minimum, but mine run fine at 58 psi. Any lower id say fuel delivery.

Oh shell hit 97 no prob if it's a vortec lol. Good ole suburban has 52/54 psi at idle and shell hit 98 no prob. Stopping on the other hand different story:) btw I dont recommend taking it to the limit lol. I rarely take her up to that. Just sometimes were cruising and when you look down boom 85. From there 90 comes up by "accident " 97 making sure the guage "works" lol .

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a little test to see how she was running. At that point in time the miss had gone away and that’s the only reason I did it. Yes holds 52 psi

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took it to a local shop, they warrantied the distributor. There was moisture in the distributor, so they replaced the whole assembly and went ahead and did spark plugs. Picked it up, still had a miss (not nearly as bad), and this time a P0300 and P0340 code. Dropped it off at the shop again yesterday