Misfire - Cylinder 4 - Check Engine Light at 55-60 MPH acceration under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Reaction score
I get a multiple random missfire at freeway speeds and especially if towing every few months. Im ignoring it for now

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New long block with all the same externals (plugs, wires, tune, etc.) solved my issue - so it had to be something with the block.
I'm guessing it was the valve issue mentioned earlier in this thread.

Eventually I'll pull the head to look at the #4 valve issues - but I'm guessing that was it.

Nothing was obvious from watching the engine run (#4) with the valve cover off - not a wiped cam lobe or anything- so not sure what I'll find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New long block with all the same externals (plugs, wires, tune, etc.) solved my issue - so it had to be something with the block.
I'm guessing it was the valve issue mentioned earlier in this thread.

Eventually I'll pull the head to look at the #4 valve issues - but I'm guessing that was it.

Nothing was obvious from watching the engine run (#4) with the valve cover off - not a wiped cam lobe or anything- so not sure what I'll find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
not to revive a very old thread but did you end up figuring this out? i have the exact same issue.