Mini ipad/ iphone plus as Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ive been having crazy ideas; i want to put a radio where the factory one is, it is currently under the dash vents but with the glare you cant see the screen unless its dark. Has anyone ever done this ? Id like it to play thru the vehicle speakers of course.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone actually makes a modern radio that fits in the radio spot on the pre-94 trucks. On the later trucks there is a kit for a double DIN as has recently been discussed. The radios that fit the truck are pricey but they would solve the problem.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea if i had the capability of doing a 95-98 complete dash swap I would in a heartbeat. Radio would be one of main reasons.

the moderns that fit in the pre 94 do not have inputs for touchscreen capabilities, rearview camera, screen mirroring, etc. I have a 6.2 inch now ; it doesnt quite fit width ways where factory went. I may try and find a true 6” and do some mockups.

CodyZ71

Reaction score
what does that look like from the front of the truck? doesn't look like it fits very well
Looks fine, almost all the new vehicles infotainment screens are mounted on the upper portion of the dash so it looks like a pod from the front