Mini Bert! An s10... Maybe a ZR2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought this 1998 s10 today. It is going to replace my 2006 silverado as a daily driver. I have now owned several gmt800 trucks and they just don't do it for me. I'm coming to the conclusion that anything newer than year 2000 is too new. They just have no soul - the rice cakes of the vehicle world.

Here is mini Bert parked by Bert.

You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The s10 looks to be a ZR2, but I don't see zr2 on the title or anywhere else. I bought a new s10 zr2 back in '99 but I can't remember if it listed it on the title. This truck has "4x4 off road" stickers on the box sides. Maybe that was a different option? It has the same wheels, 31" tires, and aluminum driveshaft that I remember on my '99.

Either way, it looks like this truck was really liked at one time, but had been classified as "the beater" for many years since. Once you break out the duct tape and silicone...

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The newer vehicles we've had as vehicular family members had soul, but when they continually became parked for cheap crap breaking that isn't easy or cheap to fix, well, soul doesn't get you down the road......
The Burb keeps going, and when it needs a little attention, it's usually something I can take care of. And I'm honored to be part of a worldwide community of people that treasure these trucks keep them "trucking ".
When I was at the local pick a part/LKQ yard Thursday morning, I saw several years of 400 trucks there. But there were a lot more 800s.....
Looks like Bert's mini me is a good truck. Used to work with a lady in Houston that had a second generation S10 sportside; she said that it was the best vehicle she's ever had.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look into the glovebox for RPO codes. What engine does it have?

Is it from your neck of your woods? Any rust on it?

I will check into the codes.

It has the 4.3.

It does have some rust. The 3rd door bottom is shot, passenger cab corner, and passenger box side have some rust. Not terrible for this area.

Last edited: