Mini Bert! An s10... Maybe a ZR2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today, Sunday - a day that started at -29 F and was still well below 0 at noon, the fedex guy dropped off my new grill and rear brake pads.

Here is the new grill

You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear brake pads were right at the end of their life. I bought new rear pads from rock auto, on closeout for $8 if I remember correctly. The rear rotors on this truck might be aftermarket?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The heater fan was making noise so I replaced it with an ac delco from rock auto. Not a real easy task on this vehicle.

I replaced the neutral safety switch also today. That was an adventure... The 2 plugs were glued to the old switch. I was able to slowly pry them away using small flat blade screwdrivers. That was a patience tester. I then had to adjust the shift cable and the switch to get everything working. One of the 2 bolts holding the switch on was stripped out - am hoping that 1 bolt holds it in place. If not, i'll drill and tap to the next size bigger.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear brake pads were right at the end of their life. I bought new rear pads from rock auto, on closeout for $8 if I remember correctly. The rear rotors on this truck might be aftermarket?

$8 for pads, that's a score!

yes, those are aftmkt rotors.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The heater fan was making noise so I replaced it with an ac delco from rock auto. Not a real easy task on this vehicle.

I replaced the neutral safety switch also today. That was an adventure... The 2 plugs were glued to the old switch. I was able to slowly pry them away using small flat blade screwdrivers. That was a patience tester. I then had to adjust the shift cable and the switch to get everything working. One of the 2 bolts holding the switch on was stripped out - am hoping that 1 bolt holds it in place. If not, i'll drill and tap to the next size bigger.

No sure what that stuff is on the NSS connector, but it actually melts with a heat gun. I broke the NSS on my 4L60e I was pulling out. It was at the end of the day, so I must of had less patience, LOL.

I had another 4L60e laying around with the NSS and plug with wires snipped, so I heated it with a heat gun and it came right out. Took about 45 seconds of heating slowly.

Maybe try to epoxy on that stripped thread? Can you get a drill in there? Maybe right angle drill?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No sure what that stuff is on the NSS connector, but it actually melts with a heat gun. I broke the NSS on my 4L60e I was pulling out. It was at the end of the day, so I must of had less patience, LOL.

I had another 4L60e laying around with the NSS and plug with wires snipped, so I heated it with a heat gun and it came right out. Took about 45 seconds of heating slowly.

Maybe try to epoxy on that stripped thread? Can you get a drill in there? Maybe right angle drill?

Good to know.

I might try epoxy if it causes problems. Being a 4l60e, I might just wait until it needs a rebuild haha....

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the mirrors that I took off. The drivers side wasn't a power mirror, and the passenger side was a power mirror from a different truck - the plug was different, so it wasn't plugged in. Only 1 nut was holding that mirror on...

I ordered new cheap power ebay mirrors to replace these.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

4L80 uses the same ****. Heat is also required for reinstallation.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I refinished the rear bumper - It was in about the same shape as the front. Most of the clips were broken off of the plastic pads and license plate lights. I added self tapping screws to help hold those pieces in place. Not the most professional fix, but it is serviceable, which is important to me.

The tail gate needed a small amount of rust repair on the bottom, and a new plastic cap installed.

I replaced the reverse lights, and they now work as designed.