Mini Bert! An s10... Maybe a ZR2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I friend of mine owns an auto glass business. He installed a new back window today.

You must be registered for see images attach
Friends like that are always good to have! Glaziers, transmission shops, paint and body, machine shop, anything else that you can't do or aren't good at or don't have the space for.....

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The lower front bumper valance and both lower front fender flare extenders are not going back on. The fender flare extenders were trapping moisture and causing the bumper to rust.

The lower bumper valance is staying off to allow for a clean approach angle when I want to drive over stuff.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front bumper - I ground down the rust with my 4" grinder, then used orbital sander with 80 grit to smooth the grinding marks. Also feathered out most rock chips on the front of the bumper. I switched from 80 grit to 240, then called it good. If this was a real nice vehicle, you would have wanted to fill then wet sand. This is just a driver.

One coat of metal etch primer, 2 coats of sealer, 3 coats satin black.

Before

After. The pic makes it look like there are little specs in the paint - they aren't there. Photo trickery. You can still see some grinding marks if you look closely.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fender flares were next. I sanded them down with the orbital using 240 grit. Then went over them by hand with 240 to smooth some of the corners, then went over everything with a red rag. Here again - if you were doing a nicer vehicle, you should have used fill primer, then wet sanded. This is plenty good for this truck though.

Before

After. 2 coats of sealer then 3 coats of satin black.

Mini Bert is taking shape... My fingers are sore from sanding. BEER:30!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The fender flares were next. I sanded them down with the orbital using 240 grit. Then went over them by hand with 240 to smooth some of the corners, then went over everything with a red rag. Here again - if you were doing a nicer vehicle, you should have used fill primer, then wet sanded. This is plenty good for this truck though.

Before

After. 2 coats of sealer then 3 coats of satin black.

Mini Bert is taking shape... My fingers are sore from sanding. BEER:30!

I usually pick up the wrench at BEER:30. Gonna throw a 2 part clear over all that? Good enough is good enough, but it's even better when it stays that way. I can get it in a rattle can locally.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually pick up the wrench at BEER:30. Gonna throw a 2 part clear over all that? Good enough is good enough, but it's even better when it stays that way. I can get it in a rattle can locally.

Ha! I can barely do this kind of stuff while sober...

No clear coat here. I've found that doing it this way makes it easier to touch up after trips through the woods etc..

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ha! I can barely do this kind of stuff while sober...

No clear coat here. I've found that doing it this way makes it easier to touch up after trips through the woods etc..

I'll concede the stuff I can't do in my sleep, or the stuff that needs engineered I prefer to do sober. In fact I've started engineering, realized I didn't give enough of a crap, and quit so I could resume sober on numerous occasions because I didn't want the quality of work to suffer. Once the plan is in my head though I let 'er rip and it turns out just fine.