Mini Bert! An s10... Maybe a ZR2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a ZR2 Blazer years ago. It was my daily driver for 10+ years, and I put over 200k miles on it in that time. Other than the bearings and ball joints, which seemed to go out on an almost yearly basis, it was a fantastic vehicle, and is one of the ones I miss the most. Nice to see you're doing the opposite of what I did, and bringing it back from the brink.

You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a ZR2 Blazer years ago. It was my daily driver for 10+ years, and I put over 200k miles on it in that time. Other than the bearings and ball joints, which seemed to go out on an almost yearly basis, it was a fantastic vehicle, and is one of the ones I miss the most. Nice to see you're doing the opposite of what I did, and bringing it back from the brink.

Thanks. I really like that little truck and use it often.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried painting the bottom white, but to make a long story short - the only way that the color would match was if I applied clear as a last coat. It looks like the clear reacted to the very first coat of paint that I had applied, and it started peeling. 6 hours of work with the sander and it is all stripped down to the original paint again. I re-did a bit of my bodywork while I was in there, then it will be painted satin black again.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the best mods that I have done to this truck cost me $3.50.

The top of the steering wheel was worn out. I had tried hockey tape, duct tape, electrical tape, a cheap steering wheel cover. None of them really worked well. I then bought some road bicycle handlebar tape. I bought some on ebay for $7 shipped, you get 2 rolls for that. Wrap it as tight or as loose as you'd like, with a wrap of electrical tape on each end. It works great, especially in the cold.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put new spark plugs in today. I put in ac delco r44lts6. The plugs in it were ac delco iridium, which still worked fine, but the new (standard) plugs seemed to have smoothed out the idle and helped a bit with throttle response. No idea how many miles were on the iridiums, as they were in it when I bought it.

The old plugs didn't show any signs of oil being burnt or any other problems. At over 239,000 miles, I expected to find weird stuff.