Mini Bert! An s10... Maybe a ZR2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled the old cv axles out, and noticed that the seals that I had ordered were wrong. I found some Timken brand seals at Rock Auto that look right.

You must be registered for see images attach

I took each brake caliper off and removed each bleeder. 3 out of the 4 came out. The one that broke off - I tried drilling it out, but screwed up the threads. Ordered a reman from Rock Auto... And 3 new bleeder screws.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed the new axles and seals last night. I cut the wires off of the abs sensors, also removed them and shot some grease into the hole - hoping a little finds its way to the bearing.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New master cylinder, wilwood prop valve, and all new lines installed. The pics aren't the best, but that is all that I took.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really struggled with leaks this time when doing the brake lines. I used the same flaring tool as I used on Bert, the same line... The only thing that was different was that I ordered the fittings from a different supplier.

I was about to give up and see if Crown Royal would help, then I found an old hot rod forum where some guys were talking about brake lines. They would loosen and tighten leaking lines between 20-50 times to get the line to conform to the fitting. Seems wonky, but I tried it and it saved my day! The cone on my new fittings must not quite match my flaring tool or something...

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update after putting a few thousand miles on this:

- The brakes are awesome now.

- I think that I can tell that the v6 factory stall (converter) is higher. I wish that it wasn't.

- Not really gelling with the toyo tires. They seem noisy & bouncy. I much prefer the mastercrafts on my k2500.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update after putting a few thousand miles on this:

- The brakes are awesome now.

- I think that I can tell that the v6 factory stall (converter) is higher. I wish that it wasn't.

- Not really gelling with the toyo tires. They seem noisy & bouncy. I much prefer the mastercrafts on my k2500.

Why don't you like the high stall speed torque converter? I thought higher was better?

On the Silverados with 5.3s guys swap the TC from the 4.3 as a budget high stall.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you like the high stall speed torque converter? I thought higher was better?

On the Silverados with 5.3s guys swap the TC from the 4.3 as a budget high stall.

I worry that it might be harder on the already fragile trans. Just letting it rev that little bit before it takes off seems like a bad idea.

Also, for off road (slow speed stuff) it is nice to have instant, even acceleration. That small amount of rev before kicking in makes some stuff more difficult than it needs to be.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The windshield wiper arms had been sandblasted over the years. Today I pulled them off and sanded them smooth, then added 2 coats of metal etching primer.

The 3 coats of satin black.