Milwaukee m18/m12 tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys at work loved them as well until they were forced to switch to Dewalt.
What do you guys think of the Dewalt 18V Max compared to the Milwaukee? Anyone else?

I've always used corded Milwaukee "Hole Shooter"s and the "hole Hawg" for years. IMO they're the standard in the field.

Edit: Sawzall FTW.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like my Milwaukee tools...

I have the following in my collection:
1/2 M18 impact
3/8 M18 impact
M18 6.5" Circular saw
M18 Sawzall
M18 Fuel Weed Whacker (beast!)
M18 Fuel Blower
M12 Multitool/Sander
M12 Ratchet

The M12 ratchet is rather underwhelming but has works well
once a nut/bolt is broke loose.

I also have a Mellif hot glue gun that uses the M18 batteries.

brningdawn

Reaction score
I have quite a few Milwaukee M12 and M18 tools. I love them. I did assembly work until a couple of years ago and ran a lot of impacts and drills. I had always had dewalt before and had some batteries so I just went with them. Over the years it was fine up until maybe 5-6 years ago and I started having problems will their tools failing within a couple of months of buying them. I used them everyday but the first one I bought lasted 6 years. The last 2-3 I bought lasted 2 months. Then all of my tools got stolen including all my batteries so I had to start over. I bought some Milwaukees because one of my employees had them and loved them. They've been far and away better than the last few dewalts I had. That was 4 years ago and I haven't had to replace any of them. I don't use them every day anymore but I did for about 2 years and I still use them regularly. I hope they stay good cause I have a mountain of their batteries now and it would be painful to start over again.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of the M18 1/2" impacts that wss the crappy redesign. It is pathetic. I need to figure out how to send it in for replacement. Otherwise I have;
M18 hammer drill, this kicks but and it will go through anything!
M18 circular saw, I haven't used it yet but I will in the next month or so.
M18 vacuum, this thing sucks, like a vacuum should. Nice unit.
M12 3/8" ratchet. I love it after dealing with a little issue of 4 allen head screws that attach the handle to the body kept coming loose and I lost 2. I trip to the hardware store to get to more and some red locktite guaranteed to never have that problem again.

PWC Repair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the M18 drill and driver for a couple years, no cpmplaints. Then 2 years ago I gave those to my wife and switched to the more compact M12 Fuel....drill, driver, hackzall, 3/8" ratchet....I really like the power in the smaller size. I also still have an M18 1/2" impact. My son used my M12 stuff to build a deck and also went and bought the M12 drill and driver kit for himself.