MG5 output shaft seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for the output shaft seal on the MG5 transmissions? Mine is starting to weep and at 230K miles I should replace it. Not the bushing in there, just the seal where the yoke slides in.

Thanks for the help! Looks like it is No. 15.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a P/N that is 4528N (and that is what mine looks like) that is not meant for trans with the C20844 casting. Mine does not have that, just 25677 on the tail shaft. Mine is I believe an NV3500, but it says that this seal works for 88-98 trucks. And here is a photo of the leaky seal. The truck is a 92, but has the updated 93+ transmission. I think it is the NV3500.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered one from the dealer. I will update this later so that future users will know. Pretty sure the one from O’reillys would have been fine, but I always have something wrong when I shop there. It was only $9.16.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The P/N posted above will work fine. I got one right from GM though for the same price. Probably made by the same company. If I can get an AC Delco product, or an OEM one, I will. That’s why this truck has 335,000 miles on it.

Keywords: MG5, NV3500, output shaft seal