Max. Weight Rating: 14 Bolt Semi-Float 6-Lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your leaf pack bent?

You must be registered for see images attach
Probably. Bent flat from the weight... Its only a 4+1 pack and 27 years old. Heres a side view.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 97 Express 1500 with the 1-ton suspension has the 01-02 Express van rotors that are the thicker 39mm of a DRW truck. The front calipers are the same as a DRW truck. I left the SRW rear wheel cylinders. Its no longer biased to where it wants to lock the rears. 1-ton master cylinder for a 03+ Express on the 97 1-ton hydroboost.
Nice setup. How did you put 1-ton 8-lug rotors on a 6-lug 1500 van?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Probably. Bent flat from the weight... Its only a 4+1 pack and 27 years old. Heres a side view.

That's sagged pretty bad looking up close at the tire's relation to the bed. Have you considered replacing the packs along with the bags?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice setup. How did you put 1-ton 8-lug rotors on a 6-lug 1500 van?
It started out as a 5 lug van. I swapped the upper control arms out for the 1-ton forged pieces and used the 1-ton spindles. The lower control arms were already the same as the 3500. I used a new pair of 1-ton coil springs while I had it apart too.

I believe the vans use the same control arms as the trucks. Should be the same on a truck. Bolt the 1-ton stuff on and roll.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That photo reminds me of a truck I lowered 20 years ago. I claimed modified rear leaf pack.

Meaning the PO had used it for work and when I got it the track empty sat with no rake.

CUSTOM!

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's sagged pretty bad looking up close at the tire's relation to the bed. Have you considered replacing the packs along with the bags?
Yes it is. I have considered that, I'll see what I can wrangle. Limited resources so it may have to be phased. I did look into sourcing some junk yard 3500 leaf packs and refurbishing them up nice, along with new hangers, hardware etc. Could save a few bucks that way. Ordering leaf packs off of RockAuto kills on shipping costs! A couple more snaps...

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It started out as a 5 lug van. I swapped the upper control arms out for the 1-ton forged pieces and used the 1-ton spindles. The lower control arms were already the same as the 3500. I used a new pair of 1-ton coil springs while I had it apart too.

I believe the vans use the same control arms as the trucks. Should be the same on a truck. Bolt the 1-ton stuff on and roll.

Can this same swap be done on 4wd's?? Guess not, being independent front suspension, torsion bars and all.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember that the 3500 has overload wraps to gain the big number. If you just use the main springs it'll be closer to a 3/4 ton. I'll try and snap a photo here soon

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Remember that the 3500 has overload wraps to gain the big number. If you just use the main springs it'll be closer to a 3/4 ton. I'll try and snap a photo here soon

He would be exactly at a 2500 spring, but in his neck of the woods if he finds a 3500 pack that's cleaner he should grab it. Gotta take what you can get up in the salt belt. I bought a rusted, but not scaled stock 3500 leaf pack for my dually, took it apart, and had it powdercoated. It still looks great.