Max. Weight Rating: 14 Bolt Semi-Float 6-Lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't weigh in as you can always tell the highway patrol state trooper I don't know. I didn't know. I read the 3/4 ton (HD hehe) was rated so high. Wo is me.

I told my buddy with a 95 ram basically LD to throw on a 3500 badge. The highway patrol would leave him alone on the freeway than. Maybe not scales tho

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my dually camper combo.

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice setup!! Those Lance's are massive, you've even gone for the side entry, cool. How does the truck handle the weight? Probably loves it. What are the extra tie downs at the front end? Kinda cool! Prob levels you out too. Heres mine again, somewhere...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't weigh in as you can always tell the highway patrol state trooper I don't know. I didn't know. I read the 3/4 ton (HD hehe) was rated so high. Wo is me.

I told my buddy with a 95 ram basically LD to throw on a 3500 badge. The highway patrol would leave him alone on the freeway than. Maybe not scales tho

My idea is to swipe a junkyard door from an HD and slap it on the 1500. Could do the same with the dually. I wonder if they'd even notice the different VINs on the door sticker.

Nice setup!! Those Lance's are massive, you've even gone for the side entry, cool. How does the truck handle the weight? Probably loves it. What are the extra tie downs at the front end? Kinda cool! Prob levels you out too. Heres mine again, somewhere...

Oh I definitely notice the weight, it's pushing 5,000# with a 39" CG. I added bags and a 1" block out back to level it with my trailer. With just the camper the truck has a very slight rake but holds OD even at altitude making a climb. We love the camper, if the weather turns to **** and we're all stuck inside we have plenty of room to coexist. Those front mounts are shocks that help control the motion of the camper. Being 20 feet long and the tie downs less than 8 feet apart, it can get to rocking. Next I want to go from the wimpy stock 29" tall tires to a 31" tire. The departure angle blows with that 4' overhang.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is like what I want to do. But I saw one it had 2' over hang queen bed over the cab. But was only 8" above the cab. Than when you get where your going it popped up like 16 to 18" higher. That'd have to help with freeway speed. Weight was around 5k

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theoretically mine should be front heavy in the bias with the HD calipers, but the rears actually try to lock before the fronts. Likely because I also used the HD master, but I like it this way. Makes the truck more effective when it's loaded.

My 97 Express 1500 with the 1-ton suspension has the 01-02 Express van rotors that are the thicker 39mm of a DRW truck. The front calipers are the same as a DRW truck. I left the SRW rear wheel cylinders. Its no longer biased to where it wants to lock the rears. 1-ton master cylinder for a 03+ Express on the 97 1-ton hydroboost.