Max. Weight Rating: 14 Bolt Semi-Float 6-Lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pic is passenger side looking to the rear. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow from the inside. Good times...
How much of an adventure is installing hydroboost? Seems like there is some good tech articles to follow.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't have a Vortec motor with a Whipple blower, then the worst part is dealing with the 4 booster bolts inside the truck and the damned pedal swap. It's doable in a few hours once you have all the crap, not bad at all. Unless you have a Whipple on a Vortec 350. Then you run the risk of the HB accumulator ramming into the blower inlet and transmitting blower noise loud AF. Super annoying. An air ratchet makes the booster a non-thing and the braking improvement is absolutely mind blowing. Also makes the pedal swap suck substantially less.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dope. Ill add h-boosting to the list. Heres a crap photo of the inside of the frame, kinda hard to get a good shot laying under there.

You must be registered for see images attach

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dope. Ill add h-boosting to the list. Heres a crap photo of the inside of the frame, kinda hard to get a good shot laying under there.

You must be registered for see images attach
Hah check out the sag in the leafs, yikes.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wherever somewhere is, it looks like they love to salt the roads. The close up doesn't do a good job of showing the frame rail deflection, but if you do an airlift kit and get the frame rails to play nice with the c channel insert I think you'll be squared away. I was recently rear ended with the hitch on and it ever so slightly pushed the bottom of the c channel up at the front of the hitch. I'm thinking I can get away with dropping the hitch and wailing on it with a slide hammer, then back the rail up with some angle iron up top.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...im your neighbour to the north, we like things salty. Im tempted to pull the box and resto the entire rear end of this thing. Safety first, airlift kit to be ordered and i'll see how it goes while im under there.
With your Hydroboost, did you go with 3500 calipers? Haha, im now reaching the **** out of this.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had previously swapped on 2500 calipers, but you don't need to once that hydroboost is in place. I was planning to swap on the newer dual piston calipers with larger rotors, not anymore. I see kms in your sig, now I feel dumb.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My thoughts too. Ive been reading that if the larger caliper isnt matched with the same model MC, portioning valve etc that it can lead to issues like unbalanced braking performace. Figured i aleady have 2500 (LD) brake package, best front components for the 6-lugger, bigger drums etc so sticking with the factory system but going to HB will suffice. Planned on a full HD Power Stop kit up front too. Trucks been in the family since it rolled off the lot, now i cant get rid of it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Theoretically mine should be front heavy in the bias with the HD calipers, but the rears actually try to lock before the fronts. Likely because I also used the HD master, but I like it this way. Makes the truck more effective when it's loaded.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man! I've got to start a build thread for my rig... I've already smashed out a few upgrades and it'll be nice to keep track of things. Plus you fellas get to chime in once and awhile too! Cheers