Master cylinder swap to right-side exits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a right-hand drive converted 2000 C3500 with Hydroboost setup. As it's been converted, the turbo is now super close to the brake lines exiting the MC and get pretty hot.

I'm pretty sure it's a 1.25" bore size that I have, but really wanting a MC that exits on the other side to clear the turbo.

Can anyone suggest a MC that fits? So far I've only found ones made for a Ford F250 of a similar vintage, but not sure what other parameters may cause it to fail or not work correctly.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Links to build?

What about just pluggin the ports and redrilling the opposite side?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi
The build thread is at... http://www.gmt400.com/threads/aussie-gmc-c3500.34428/

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the master cylinder I'm thinking of buying. It's also a 1.25" bore but I think the rear brake port is at the front and front brake port at the back which may be different to my current set up. Either way its not a big problem as I will have to make new lines anyway.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack...but im a page into your build and love it.

Drill the box, and put a heat shield on it.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'll order the Ford MC later down the track, my MC is pretty old anyway. Thanks for the comments I'm glad you like the build. What originally began as a quick project to move on and make a few dollars has ended up being a long term love-hate relationship - and expensive.