Marine Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Topped the van off again on E85 today. Most of that was cruising around DFW. 243 miles to 17.2 gallons which is just over 14 mpg. That is as good as it got mostly highway on the last tank of 93 octane. The 383 definitely loves E85.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Topped the van off again on E85 today. Most of that was cruising around DFW. 243 miles to 17.2 gallons which is just over 14 mpg. That is as good as it got mostly highway on the last tank of 93 octane. The 383 definitely loves E85.

Your right foot loves it too, no doubt.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your right foot loves it too, no doubt.
My timing table above 0.52 gm/cyl is up a solid 5-7* compared to 93 octane. HUGE difference in torque and the engine is noticeably smoother. Fueling is pretty much dead on everywhere, FWIW. I have not touched the tuning in a week. Fuel trims have settled in and they are single digits negative values. I love that I barely have to push on the throttle to get rolling. My buddy drove the thing Sunday night and loved the way it performed even just cruising along. His comment was it just felt eager to go, more throttle=instant power and it was always in the right gear, in the powerband and wanted to GO! He said it runs better than his 71 Chevelle with a mostly stock LQ4 6.0L/4L80E and 4.10s and hands down rides and drives better. I LOVE his car and tuned it, so it meant alot coming from him. Minus the political nature of the west coast he was ready to cruise to California or Washington in the thing. Said it was a joy to drive and road trip ready. Any car guy knows how we get complacent in the manners of our own vehicles so having a fresh driver to the vehicle behind the wheel was not a bad thing. He thinks the steering is boarderline too responsive, the go pedal is touchy and he almost face planted our faces into the dash with the brakes. All in all not a bad thing but it needs an alignment at the minimum and I have an AC delco reman hydroboost and new master cylinder for an 03-07 3500 van already in my possesion. My intent is rear disc conversion so might as well do the master swap now which requires the new booster to replace the leaky old one from simplicity.

The man I have that is going to do do the alignment was recomeended by my buddy that actually drove the van is a commerical customer of mine at O'reilly and does not get how my tape measure, ball park dead reckon alignment is hands off the wheel straight at 85 mph. Hoping for the best there as my gut instinct say leave it alone

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup I've had truck repairs like that! Our previous 99 Burb, I was doing an oil and filter change, saw the dreaded orange dripping from the water pump, replacing water pump, let's see what the timing stuff looks like, chain had some slop, factory nylon gear with 175K on it, let's replace all that, gotta replace the plastic TC cover, gotta drop the oil pan so replace those gaskets, then let's do the hoses too, then tensioner and belt.....of course to drop the pan, had to jack the engine up some, so had to pull the motor mount bolt.....
Took almost a month because I was working on it on the driveway, and between the weather and my days off....
Yessir I'm in the middle of that now...... power steering hoses and grounds turned into pump, custom made by me oil cooler lines upgrade (check out my YouTube video here
), starter (barely touched the hot wire nut and the dang cap broke apart), for some reason felt compelled to do intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets, distributor star magnet is cracked all the way across so now a dizzy, got ready to put intake back in and was inspecting all holes and saw UNGOOD cam/distributor gear so had to research and decide which course of action, decide to do camshaft, lifters, timing set replacement (fingers crossed), but you already know.....oil pan and being a K, that means either front diff or engine has to move, still not sure if I'm gonna have to remove radiator core support......I hope now I'm finally getting to the point of stopping regression and starting progression....
And I have never done any of this beyond the oil change, ground wires, and starter....
So I'm almost a month in full time and between weather (doing it in the yard) and having to research all these tasks and then actually do them with every single freaking thing being an issue.... and we homeschool so daddy's ready to go back to work he has clients waiting to give him their money.... but if I have anything to do with it, it'll be done right no matter the time frame (relative to my budgetary considerations)....
Y'all pray for my wife my kids and myself lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yessir I'm in the middle of that now...... power steering hoses and grounds turned into pump, custom made by me oil cooler lines upgrade (check out my YouTube video here
), starter (barely touched the hot wire nut and the dang cap broke apart), for some reason felt compelled to do intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets, distributor star magnet is cracked all the way across so now a dizzy, got ready to put intake back in and was inspecting all holes and saw UNGOOD cam/distributor gear so had to research and decide which course of action, decide to do camshaft, lifters, timing set replacement (fingers crossed), but you already know.....oil pan and being a K, that means either front diff or engine has to move, still not sure if I'm gonna have to remove radiator core support......I hope now I'm finally getting to the point of stopping regression and starting progression....
And I have never done any of this beyond the oil change, ground wires, and starter....
So I'm almost a month in full time and between weather (doing it in the yard) and having to research all these tasks and then actually do them with every single freaking thing being an issue.... and we homeschool so daddy's ready to go back to work he has clients waiting to give him their money.... but if I have anything to do with it, it'll be done right no matter the time frame (relative to my budgetary considerations)....
Y'all pray for my wife my kids and myself lol
I hear ya, hang in there!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some TBSS owner out there is probably not happy with me. Managed to snag one of the last NEW GM E67s for a 2009 TBSS. It was cheaper than a reman given the core differences and me not having an E67 core.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm confused, but I admit I haven't been following this build closely. What good does this PCM do you? I thought the 0411 was THE PCM to have for us?