Marine Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I still have not heard it run again. Had to go back to civilization for a funeral of a friend of the family, then spent a couple of evenings visiting with family from out of town. I had an interview for a job. Tuned a couple of vehicles. Now I am back to where the van is and this is the forecast for the next few days. Thursday should be 45F and Friday 60F and the weekend even warmer.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well I still have not heard it run again. Had to go back to civilization for a funeral of a friend of the family, then spent a couple of evenings visiting with family from out of town. I had an interview for a job. Tuned a couple of vehicles. Now I am back to where the van is and this is the forecast for the next few days. Thursday should be 45F and Friday 60F and the weekend even warmer.

Yup it finally decided to be January.....

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its warmed up to 52F. Back on the project. A little more left to do, but hopefully get to hear it run this evening. Fuel lines are finished. Distributor is timed and seated. Headers are on and tight. Wind and sun is drying the ice off the driveway so that I can get under it, bolt up the collectors, knock sensor and starter as well as change the oil and filter. Installing and routing plug wires now and repairing the cam sensor wiring. I found a fixed hold down bracket for the distributor that is notched to prevent it from moving laying in my spare stuff. Hopefully its within tolerance on the CMR when it runs. I think the fixed bracket was off a 4.3L or possibly the stock marine hold down.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ran out of sunlight and warmth today before I finished up. Battery is discharged and may have even croaked. Put my charger on it and will leave it overnight. Other than that, not much left. I ran the fuel pump checking for fuel leaks for about 15 minutes with the charger connected. When I connected HP Tuners up to look at sensor inputs, the MAP sensor was only reading 85 KPA where it usually reads 98 KPA here. Had to dig up the specs on the Bosch made Marine MAP I have, and it is in fact different signal wise than the GM MAP. Nothing a little math and a reflash did not correct. The math to rescale a GM MAP provided you have two points of the output, is fairly simple and I will post it a little later.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the P59 part number and hardware number I am running. Also map sensor values for the Marine MAP.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM MAP SCALING

These data points are specific to the T-Bar Marine MAP that I have installed. All of these interchange to the same number.
Bosch 0-261-230-030
Bosch 0-261-230-075
GM 12568929
Mercruiser 885165
Mercruiser 8M0087834

P1 = 10 kpa @ 0.40 volts
P2 = 115 kpa @ 4.65 volts

Math for Linearity (Map sensor linear) is the easy one.

(MaxP - MinP)/(MaxV - MinV) = (115-10)/(4.65-0.4) = 105/4.25 = 24.705 kPa per volt. Multiplied by 5 volts is 123.54 kpa

Now offset takes a bit more thought. The offset is basically the starting point at 0 volts. In this case I took the 24.705 and multiplied it by 0.4. 24.705 X 0.4 = 9.88. 10 kpa - 9.88 = 0.12 offset.

Linear = 123.54
Offset = 0.12

Last edited: