Marine Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the ZF 8 speed is the best of the >6 speed automatics. I liked it a lot better than Ford 10 speed although that may be down to programming.

I know someone makes an adapter for ZF to the LS.

I have also been told that a 6R60 can be used behind a GM engine as well. Then again I think that trans is basically the same as a 6L80E minus bellhousing. Both are based off a ZF.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove it to the store today while datalogging. Still working on the VE table in places. It is running pretty decent now. Played with it a bit in a fairly remote area with smooth straight roads and a 75-mph limit. I realized quickly that someone forgot to delete the speed limiter in the P59.

I did notice my speedometer is sticking as it increases rather than smoothly gliding along. The speedometer only seems to be glitchy on quick acceleration, while driving with a lighter foot it is smooth like it should be.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is what the same acceleration looks like on the Datalog. It is smooth unlike what the speedometer shows. Speedometer is adjusted by GPS to be spot on at 70 mph, PCM data reads 2 mph slow.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could not figure out how to title this one. 93 octane Shell pump gas and 29-30* of timing at full load on a ~10.65:1 engine with a now wider 0.054" quench distance with the Felpro 1003s. I have seen the PCM pull a degree or two of timing here or there, but nothing crazy like some would believe. At 75 I could still catch 2nd up to about 90, but no real sense to abuse the engine or 85E like that when it still has plenty of power to pull 3rd.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If the gas tank in the vans are like the pickups, and they hold 34 gallons of gas, that's probably close to 300 pounds at least.