MAP issues (P0108)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs to meet/exceed SAE 30R10 specs for fuel hose. Gates is not the only company to supply hose like that, but this is what they say about it:
www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/fuel-line-hose.p.4219-000000-000012.html

And scrap the crappy clamps.

"I" would be making sure there's not a blockage in the system that's forcing excess pressure between the pump and the blockage. There is some evidence that you've got excessive pressure--you blew the hose off the metal tubing; and when that was re-secured with better clamps you exploded the hose. Can you disconnect the fuel supply hose at the engine compartment somewhere, and blow through the length of the plumbing?

A plugged fuel filter would be the easy answer; but you've just changed it...right? Maybe the tubing is crimped somewhere.

If that hose were not "Fuel Injection" rated--if it were the old-fashioned rubber hose for use with carburetors--I can see the hose expanding and rupturing under 50+ psi instead of the <10 psi a carb system runs. But you're saying it came with the fuel pump.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, it needs to be rated for submersion. It's more expensive than regular fuel injection hose. Maybe one of the other guys can't point you to it. I've never had to buy it and I'm at work right now.
Oreilly carries the immersion rated EFI hose, but will likely have to order it from the hub or dc.