Manual locks and windows to power conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowmanii

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread and actually finding it on Google, I did my 99 Suburban. I ended up getting power windows and all the wiring from a 94. Then door panels and switches from a 99. Found the factory harness installed because I had power locks and had to get the harnesses from the 99 to go from the switches/motors to the door jam to connect to the harness in the truck. Needless to say after some incorrectly plug wires, I now have fully functioning power locks, and windows! Thanks OP and all the other contributers. PS: If anyone needs the main harness and/or harnesses in the door from a 94 Burban for their 94 or older, let me know. I'll sell it cheap.
If you still have the harnesses, am interested.

Hipolito

Reaction score
When I plugged the donor harness into the driver's side window controls, it started to heat up and smoke. What am I missing?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Has anybody done this on a 95 or later, and been able to get a key fob to program?

The harness I used has the remote box, but I have not been able to get it to go into program mode. Tried the 4/8 jumper on the diagnostic port, and the method holding unlock, while cycling the key on and off twice. Neither seem to be doing anything.

Looking at the wiring diagram in the back of a Haynes book, there's a black/white wire labeled "program enable", but it doesn't show where it goes.

Any ideas?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Should be to pin 8 on the dlc. 4+8 should put it in program mode, no key needed. If it doesn't, then something isn't hooked up correctly. My 97 had manual everything I swapped to power, worked fine... I don't fully recall if I had to add the wire to the dlc but I don't think I did, I wanna say it was already there and I just had to repin a connector.

When I plugged the donor harness into the driver's side window controls, it started to heat up and smoke. What am I missing?

You're trying to mix a non-keyless door switch set with a keyless crossbody harness. The driver lock switch is grounded at all times on trucks without keyless. Keyless trucks, the locks are actuated by relays in the keyless entry module and the switches only provide signals to the module.

Jgze99

Reaction score
Hey I know this is an old thread but I have a question. Did you have to get the gray convenience center box out of a power truck as well? Or can I use the one on my truck already, they look similar. I have a 97 c1500 work truck by the way.