Making a 88-91 dash work on a 92-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cocodaddy

Reaction score
Hey fam, if you don’t know the gauge cluster hookup for 88-91 and 92-94 are actually different. I bought a uncracked dash from fb under the assumption it was a 92. After removing mine I realized the hole where the gauge cluster hookup comes thru is actually different! So, my plan is as follows, to remove the area around my old dash where the hookup comes thru and remove the same area on the 88-91 dash, maybe in plastic weld it in place and then brace it throughly with some metal and pop rivets. Does anybody have any experience with this? It’s so hard trying to find a correct dash as everybody labels them as 88-94 when that just isn’t the case. If you have any tips please let me know!

first pic is 88-91 hookup, second is 92-94 hookup,

You must be registered for see images attach

cocodaddy

Reaction score
Somebody in a gmt400/obs fb group came up with this as a solution. I’m thinking of taking a different approach however.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
If the pigtail in the truck was a few inches longer it wouldn't be a problem, But I know they are barely long enough to work with the original dash.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I cluster swapped my 88. I just trimmed out enough for the later year connector to somewhat fit.

But I think ill do something like the last pic whenever I get a chance