Maintenance: RPO Code Database & Decoder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are there any free versions of this around?

I found the compnine one and got a build date for a donor vehicle. I want more information the donor vehicle I have but only have the VIN.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am new to this, have a couple of codes I can't find via the rpo codes site, GB0 and 3BU. Also how would I find my paint color? I checked every 3 digit code and none came up with an exterior color.

Cheers

Edit: I am guessing the GB0 is meant to be G80 (positraction lsd) as it is right under the GT4 of the 3.73 ratio (dup with 5x1) on the rpo code sticker and some of the "8's" look like "B's" and if 3BU is actually 38U it comes up as Champagne Metallic exterior, even though my paint code is apparently wa-u9794 Bright Teal Metallic...

Last edited:

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where are these codes located?

If you're asking about where to find them on your truck then they are in the glovebox. A sticker is on the glove box "door"...? hatch? lid? not really sure what its called. But it stuck right to it. Big sticker, cant miss it.

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How common are the 3.73 and 4.11 posi's?

They dont exist. GM never made an always locked rear end. They had the G80 Eaton locker that was optioned on 3.73 and 4.10s. They called it a low speed traction device and they will blow up if you use them at a higher speed. Theyre probably in half of the 4WD trucks from what ive seen.