Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is the o2 sensors plugged into the correct bank? Something very similar happened with my neighbor that did a LS swap. He had the sensors swapped and didn’t realize it.

That'd be pretty easy to spot on a log, or unplug one and see which side pops for a code.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I remember the one on the passenger side will reach either, but the driver's side was pretty short.

After I tightened up the header flanges again this last time, I fired up VCM Scanner and it was running great with the O2's bouncing around normally and had 0 ST fuel trims on both sides. Bank1 had just a small LT fuel trim at idle.

budviper1962

Reaction score
Being layed up gives me to much time to read :) woke at 4 am let dogs out made coffee and read this whole thread. I’ve never had the pleasure of using tunes for a vehicle. But I’m sure my next ride I’ll be putting an ls motor in. So this was a perfect read! Sounded frustrating and enjoyable at same time! Your sons gona love that truck! My dad taught me to drive in his 64 gmc 3 on the tree!! Good knowledge here ty

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today, the boy took the truck out and made it to the first stop sign and the rag joint broke. I am very thankful that it didn't break 30 seconds later when he got on the highway. I'm very thankful it didn't break yesterday when I was going 70-75 mph on I-35.

Then we spent an hour jacking it up, turning the wheels, driving slow, repeat until exhaustion.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MC has been doing great. The boy drives it everywhere, but it's not college material, so it'll be staying here after he goes off to college in 10 months.

I talked him into letting me turn it into a race truck while he's not driving it. In preparation for the that, we're going to do a couple of things so that we can get our feet wet at the local test and tune: floor shifter and posi.

I'm seriously considering just calling QP/Strange/Moser and getting a complete Ford 9" with brakes and everything.