Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MrPink the sharpest guy i know with what you're doing....... I know he's done it twice in the last months and will do mine for my 96 4x4 I just bought. Maybe he can help with some troubling issues or something. He's good people like that!

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird. All the wires that go into the trans except the control connector have chunks of insulation missing. It doesn't look like they burned and it wasn't varmints because all the loom and electrical tape was still there.

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't take a pic of the vss but it was the same. I'll have to check the donor harness, maybe I can get those connectors from there and splice them in.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Not feeling a lot confidence in this process yet. I guess it's too late to turn back now.

Ah spaghetti nightmare, I've done a few of the harnesses from donor trucks to stand alone setups.
@MrPink the sharpest guy i know with what you're doing....... I know he's done it twice in the last months and will do mine for my 96 4x4 I just bought. Maybe he can help with some troubling issues or something. He's good people like that!
Like James said if you have any questions or the likes let me know I've done a few LS harnesses I have to pick up a 93,96 and 97 SBC engine harnesses from a friend and I will have a few complete plug and play harnesses made.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird. All the wires that go into the trans except the control connector have chunks of insulation missing. It doesn't look like they burned and it wasn't varmints because all the loom and electrical tape was still there.
It's coated in oil and dirt. Insulation is fairly tolerant of oil leaks, but that looks like chronic exposure. Not weird, I've seen it before.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's coated in oil and dirt. Insulation is fairly tolerant of oil leaks, but that looks like chronic exposure. Not weird, I've seen it before.

Makes sense.

The whole trans was caked in it. It was really nasty to work on when we were in the removal stage of the swap.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparing the 2 harnesses and the trans position connector1 appears to be the same between the original and donor but connector2 is different. (I'm calling them that because I'm not sure what each actually does.)

Been doing some research (comparing pictures on autozone's website, LOL) and they shouldn't be different up until 03 or 04, but it doesn't have that connector either.. I got the donor off craigslist and it's a red/blue harness. It's got the truck injector harness and all the trimmings of a DBC harness.

It looks like maybe they deleted the heavy gauge wiring that was part of the starter relay circuit and used a thinner plug without changing the female end?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICT Billet has the pig tails for those 2 connectors on Amazon. They are making a killing off me, LOL.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
ICT is an awesome company though

and the connector that is different is for the trans range selector/NSS. I don't remember what year they changed them, but they did. I do believe you can use an older one on a newer trans and vice versa. My harness builds are slightly different as I have started with 4L80E harnesses and not done a 4L60e one, and every one I have build so for have been for either older transmissions mine is a Th400, Nv3500(1 friend) and the other is for a T56.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the connector is the same but is just on a different harness on the NBS trucks. That would explain a lot.

ICT makes swap life easier, but you pay for it. Not complaining, more of a statement.

Chevy Spaghetti