LT1 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WASyL

Reaction score
I'm looking for LT's for LT1 swapped C1500, are there any that are p&p ?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, please don't abbreviate so much. It took me a few seconds to understand you're asking if long tube headers are plug-and-play for your LT1. I almost ignored your post.

Is there any difference between the LT1 heads and your original heads that would keep you from using the normal headers? I've never heard of a special swap header for an LT1 in our trucks.

WASyL

Reaction score
First, please don't abbreviate so much. It took me a few seconds to understand you're asking if long tube headers are plug-and-play for your LT1. I almost ignored your post.

Is there any difference between the LT1 heads and your original heads that would keep you from using the normal headers? I've never heard of a special swap header for an LT1 in our trucks.
Sorry, my bad for that LT's, yes I'm looking for long tubes. SBC vs LT1 headers differ in port shape what easily can cause leak on header to head gasket. But if there are not any will have try some F or Y body ones. Thanks for input.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I bought F-Body long tubes for 1993 Gen II LT1 motor with D-shaped ports. They were NOT EVEN CLOSE to fitting in my 1997 Tahoe 4x4. Passenger side hit frame and transmission. Driver side went right through the driveshaft. I don't think anybody makes long tubes for this motor because GMT400 trucks never came stock with LT1. It's stock Gen I SBC or LS Swap. NOBODY is swapping in a Gen II LT1 (except me and you WASyL). It's especially difficult for 4X4 trucks.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's the motor and no-fitty headers.